Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2008 22:59    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2 released on 04/27/08

Hello!

I have recently installed b2evolution on one of my servers. I am not a programmer but can manage to find my way around code most of the time.

My problem: when I create a new post it appears on the main page but not in the category page I select. In fact, the category page doesn't seem to generate at all. I get this error: NOT FOUND The requested document was not found on this server.

You can check out my site here: http://e-stream.ca/blog1.php and notice the last post is supposed to be in the sports catagory, but it doesn't work if you click on that category.

Any help is appreciated. Apologies if this has already been covered; I searched the Forum to no luck.

Thanks

2 Jul 11, 2008 02:39

Same thing when you click the title of a post, so what is happening here is that your server can not do "pretty URLs" successfully. This is something I wish I knew more about, but basically I don't so here ya go:

On your Blog settings -> pick a blog -> URLs subtab select the option that looks like parameters instead of any of the options that look like folder paths. "Pretty" or "Cute" URLs are the ones that look like folder paths, and require something groovy on your server to make them be understandable by b2evolution. Sorry but I don't know what the groovy thing is.

domain.tld/year/month/day/post-title won't work

domain.tld?p=23 will work

For example!

3 Jul 11, 2008 04:10

This worked! Thank you very much for the quick response. The path has to be set to parameters for all URLS (which I didn't realize).

Much appreciated!

Form is loading...