Recent Topics

1 Jul 11, 2008 20:28    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all,

I would like to understand if some I have in mind is possible with b2evolution. I would like to add the following futures to the main page of b2evol where all teh blog links are displayed:

1.- Set up the tag cloud in such a way that becomes the multiblog tag cloud. I will try with what posted http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15828&highlight=change+image+template so I have something to do here :-)

2.- In the same main page, add the search widget, but that search in all the blogs. Does anyone know if this is possible? How?

3.- Same page, the list of the blogs are currently appearing in the sequence they were created. Is it possible to make them be sorted according to the changes that happen to them? This is, the last modified blog at the top. In this way, those blogs not being modified would fall to the bottom.

Thanks for your support!

Jhonyleroy.

2 Jul 13, 2008 20:22

Urm, the "welcome" page is only shown when you haven't set a default blog to display ?

¥

4 Jul 14, 2008 16:30

Anyone that can help me out?

Thanks!

Jhonyleroy.

5 Jul 14, 2008 18:31

For the majority of what you want you can just play with an agregate blog ( admin > blog settings > [hit "all" link ... or whatever it's called] > hit "create new blog" link ( or whatever it's called ) ..... or just hit admin > dashboard > global .... and click the handy link there ... if it's there ... pretty sure it's there in your version ....

anyway, follow one of those routes and create a shiny new blog and then hit admin > blog settings > [shiny new blog link that's just below the blog settings link that you hit in the previous stage ] > advanced > Meander over to teh "aggregate blog ID's" box and enter all the blog id's ( comma separated ) that you require ... pick the same skin as the rest of your blog and add the tag cloud et al as widgets .... hopefully they'll work as you expect .... I'm an optimist so don't hold yer breath ;)

If I'm luckier than a shiny new penny ( I have to point out ... I found a £10 in a pair of jeans today ... I'm feeling like I'm on a winner ;) ) then the post list when you view your shiny new blog ( as a visitor ) is what you expect as well

...... just in case I'm unluckier than a tram driver showing off the coolness of the new tram that will cost us millions in the long run ( local joke ... suffice to say it went up in flames )

... I'm off for food .. holler EdB if it doesn't work :roll:

¥

6 Jul 15, 2008 15:40

Hey! Thanks a lot for your answer.

However, what I guess I get like that is an unique blog, where the posts coming from those I picked (by choosing their ID's). Fine with the tag cloud.

What I had in mine is...Right now, if I access to my installation http.//....[localserver].../b2evolution/blogs/ is the list of all the existing blogs (hyperlinks to the blogs), having at the top the first one created and at the bottom the last one. I would like to have them sorted according to its activity, this means, have at the top the last one that received a post. This way, I get at the bottom those whose owners are not really adding anything.

Make sense?

Thanks again for your answer.

Jhonyleroy.

7 Jul 15, 2008 17:51

Hmmm, that would take a fair amount of arsing around to achieve, and I'm afraid I don't actually have the time to arse around at the moment ... the good news is, it is possible :D

¥

8 Jul 15, 2008 21:48

Fair enough :) thanks!

I will start taking a look by myself. However, whoever reading this post who can give a hint...it will be more than welcome :)

Regards,

Jhonyleroy.

9 Jul 18, 2008 13:40

¥åßßå wrote:

anyway, follow one of those routes and create a shiny new blog and then hit admin > blog settings > [shiny new blog link that's just below the blog settings link that you hit in the previous stage ] > advanced > Meander over to teh "aggregate blog ID's" box and enter all the blog id's ( comma separated ) that you require ...
¥

Is there any way to instead of manually adding blog ID's I just set this up to pick "ALL" (so if more blogs are created their posts are also added to the main blog).

Thanks,

Jhonyleroy.

Form is loading...