Recent Topics

1 Jul 14, 2008 21:47    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am new to evolution, so please be patient.

I can add and change the very top blog links with ease, but I can not figure out how to add/remove/change the main menu items (Home, etc.)

When I add a category or anything else, it puts it in the sidebar. Please help.

I am using the Vastitude template.

Thank you

2 Jul 15, 2008 06:35

hostclam,

you need to search the forums for menus. This has been answered multiple times. There's a way through the widgets.

The rule however is for people to search first before posting a question...

3 Jul 15, 2008 16:06

I searched the forums. The answers I found said that certain widgets only work with certain skins. That is why I gave the skin name I was using. I tried the answers I found and they did not work. Sorry I asked a question in this forum.

I didn't know there would be such rudeness here. I'm going back to Wordpress (a real blog) and you "better than thou's" can have this thing. Sorry I ever bothered you with a simple question.

I'll be sure and let my mailing lists know what they can expect when they try to get help with this script.

4 Jul 15, 2008 17:00

Who ever said some widgets only work with some skins? That's a mistake, though I imagine some widgets don't look so good when they go into different skins.

BTW if everything you added ended up in the sidebar it is because you added it to the sidebar container. That particular interface isn't the best it could be, but each container refers to a different bit of real estate on the screen.

Oh hey there you go. If a skin doesn't have a particular container then (obviously) you wouldn't be able to put a widget in it. So if there is a widget particularly well-suited to the "whatever" container and your particular skin doesn't have the "whatever" container then one could almost say that widget doesn't work in that skin.

Or one could be a little bit of a bitch and stomp off with cheesy little insults and threats after posting stupid questions that indicate no actual attempt to either learn the software or find an answer on their own. Your call!

Form is loading...