Recent Topics

1 Jul 15, 2008 00:08    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

HI
I've tried searching through the different threads but cant find an answer to this.

One of my readers pm'd me to say he couldn't comment on my blog. When you click the 'send feedback' link it simply brings up the home page. I did have this problem before but can't for the life of me remember where I found the answer or how I fixed it! :oops:

Can any replies be really really easy please? Technically challenged is a polite way of describing me.
My blog is [url=http://sansmoneysecret.com/]SansMoneySecret[/url]

Thanks.[/url]

2 Jul 15, 2008 01:02

hmmm....

Your resources blog works as expected but not your main one. Seems to me, just guessing by the way, that you have something funky set up in your blog settings -> URLs for that particular blog. But I dunno ... might be more complicated than just trying different settings in the top section of that subtab. Anyway that'd be a place to start.

Funky that your base domain name is the only thing showing on the main blog page, but the resources blog includes "/index.php" is what I'm seeing. What is your baseurl value set to? What do you have in the top section (blog URL (admin) ) of each of your publicly visible blogs?

Also have you got any kind of neato stuff happening in your .htaccess file that could be restoring the URL whenever a different one (other than from your resources blog) is entered into an address bar?

3 Jul 15, 2008 07:42

First of all thank you for replying in 'normal' language. LOL I knew what you were saying!

I had the main blog set to 'absolute url' but 'Resources' was set to 'extra path on index'. Changed the main blog to 'default blog in index' and it worked! Woohoo. How easy was that?

Thanks again for your quick (and easy) reply.

4 Jul 15, 2008 08:28

Okay, I spoke too soon.

The comment worked when I tried it because I was logged in trying to sort it out. When I logged out and tried it again, it says comments are not allowed from annonymous visitors!

And I just noticed that my 'Resources' blog doesn't have anywhere to leave a comment!

5 Jul 15, 2008 17:06

Okay no problem. It's just that you gotta look at more of the subtabs for each blog setting. Except for comments from non-members. I think that is a global setting -> plugin -> antispam basic (or something like that). Maybe it is also a blog subtab setting? Not sure ... never had a problem in that direction so I dunno.

The "resources" blog is probably something settable on one of the Blog settings subtabs. Like, somewhere "comments are disabled for this blog". Sorry, but I don't have my admin side open right now so I can't actually find the subtab you'd need to be on.

Hope it helps!

6 Jul 15, 2008 21:27

Thanks. It was in the global settings. Antispam plugin. Sorted now thank goodness.

Thanks again.

7 Jul 15, 2008 23:29

Not sure if I should post ths here or start a new thread. Sorry if I've got it wrong.

I've changed my main blog url to the default blog in index, which basically adds 'index.php' to the end of the url. Now with this url the comments work. But unfortunately, this loses me my PR! Without the 'index.php' I have a PR of 2. I realise that's not huge but it is to me. I've worked hard to get it.

So can anyone help me get the comments working while using the absolute url please?

Thanks

8 Jul 16, 2008 01:16

Give it time. It's not like google's army of mindless drones are sitting there waiting for you to change your URL from this to that so they can instantly do whatever it is they do to make all their little thingies catch up. I reckon it'll be when they index the entire world again and sort through all the data and do all their magic algorithms to the 84 billion web pages out there before your PR catches up again.

I'd give 'em a week before buying out their company stock and giving notice to get your PR back of you'll sell them to Yahoo! just in time for Microsloth to take over the universe. Again.

Form is loading...