Recent Topics

1 Jul 16, 2008 23:05    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

My blog software engine: b2evolution 2.4.2

First of all I am very new to b2evolution.. But I've liked it so much.. Now I have a fresh installed b2evolution web log at address: www.uvercinka.net it works fine but when I try to write something in my native tongue, in Turkish.. It shows "?" (question mark) instead of special Turkish characters.. I set Turkish utf-8 in all setting where possible.. Do I have to change some codes in php files?

And my second problem; b2evolution seems working well with Windows Live Writer but only in English.. I tried to write something in Turkish and it only produced an error which saying: "Not well formed, XHTML Error.. Blog server error 104"

What do you suggest?

3 Jul 17, 2008 09:55

sam2kb wrote:

Hi zurnik,
Welcome to the forum.

You may want to read this topic http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=15335

Basically all you need is edit conf/_locales.php and set UTF-8 in mysql BEFORE installing b2evo.

Please search the forum, there are tons of posts about UTF-8

Bur dear;

The link you've mentioned is about language pack of Turkish. I don't need a language pack for interface.. I want to run my weblog in English and want to post something in Turkish. But the characters appear wrong..

Anyone has an idea?

4 Jul 17, 2008 10:27

Specifically that is true, but in a general sort of way (I'm pretty sure) the linked thread will enable posting with "doesn't look like english" characters.

5 Jul 17, 2008 10:40

EdB wrote:

Specifically that is true, but in a general sort of way (I'm pretty sure) the linked thread will enable posting with "doesn't look like english" characters.

Okay.. I'm checking it again.. Thanks for advice. ;)

8 Jul 23, 2008 23:10

thanks sam2kb for pointing out while i was not here.. (i once had the chance to help one of tr guys but i wasnt here , sheesh.. : P)

actually it was [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=15472]here[/url]..

glad that the issue is solved.. utf8 is almost flawless already, there are tips though for those who want the iso charset.. i still insist on some chars are missed in the formatting.php hoping they will be fixed in the next release

Form is loading...