Recent Topics

1 Jul 18, 2008 21:51    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4

In the miami blue skin, below each entry there's a link which says "send feedback", which php file contains this string?

I'd like to change it to something more intuitive like "leave comment".

It must be in every skin because I can't find the string in that folder. :[

Thanks again.

2 Jul 18, 2008 22:12

In skins/miami_blue/index.main.php around the line 200 edit this function

// Link to comments, trackbacks, etc.:
$Item->feedback_link( array(
		'type' => 'feedbacks',
		'link_before' => '',
		'link_after' => ' • ',
		'link_text_zero' => 'No comments yet',
		'link_text_one' => 'Only one',
		'link_text_more' => 'Too many to count',
		'link_title' => 'Leave a comment or get out',
		'use_popup' => false,
	) );

3 Jul 18, 2008 22:27

This is how my index appears, changing the # doesn't do anything for me. I'm using v2.4 and for me this appears around line 407.

'type' => 'feedbacks',

'link_before' => '',

'link_after' => ' • ',

'link_text_zero' => '#',

'link_text_one' => '#',

'link_text_more' => '#',

'link_title' => '#',

'use_popup' => false,

) );

When I search for the string "send feedback", nothing appears. I've used a windows search to check the content of all the files. I'm stumped :[

4 Jul 18, 2008 23:14

'link_title' => 'Drink more milk',

Welcome to the wonderful world of PHP.

5 Jul 18, 2008 23:30

Not sure how else to put it, I'm looking for a particular string that seems to be non-existent. It's the one that should be "send feedback" yet in the places you're both showing me I only see a #. Changing it does nothing on my blog, do I need to reinstall the skin or something?

Sorry, still new to b2e

Thanks for your time

6 Jul 18, 2008 23:36

Make sure you are using Miami blue skin included in b2evo 2.4.2

You don't have to change the "send feedback" text, all you need was posted above.

7 Jul 19, 2008 00:50

When I view the file on my ftp the function in question appears around line 200 yet when I download it and open it, it appears at around line 400. :[

Any changes I make to variables remain saved, despite being moved to different positions in the layout of the php file.

So confusing. :[

Anyway, changing that value doesn't seem to do anything.

http://www.marunchak.co.uk/change.jpg

'type' => 'feedbacks',
									'link_before' => '',
									'link_after' => ' • ',
									'link_text_zero' => '#',
									'link_text_one' => '#',
									'link_text_more' => '#',
									'link_title' => 'Leave comment',
									'use_popup' => false,
								) );

8 Jul 19, 2008 00:55

You can also edit this text in inc/items/model/_item.class.php around line 1537, but it's NOT a good idea because you will loose everything after upgrade.

9 Jul 19, 2008 00:58

In which case I'll just leave it. :p

10 Jul 19, 2008 01:01

Here is a thing, "link_title" is appearing when you hover over the link, you need to change what I wrote you in my first post

11 Jul 19, 2008 01:09

'type' => 'feedbacks',

'link_before' => '',

'link_after' => ' • ',

'link_text_zero' => 'Leave comment',

'link_text_one' => 'Leave comment',

'link_text_more' => 'Leave comment',

'link_title' => 'Post a comment',

'use_popup' => false,

) );

Thanks! :p I misunderstood and didn't experiment enough, sorry.

13 Jan 08, 2009 21:05

Thanks, everybody: I was going nuts trying to change the "comment/feedback" text, and this discussion from last summer sorted out my issue.

I wanted a less telegraphic message (and I confess I was smitten by A List Apart's gracious invitation, "Was this good for you, too? Join the discussion."). And I wanted to differentiate between no comments yet and some comments.

Working in a skin derived from evocamp, my code in posts.main.php now looks like this:

'type' => 'feedbacks',
						'link_before' => '',
						'link_after' => '',
						'link_text_zero' => 'Leave a comment.',
						'link_text_one' => 'Join the discussion.',
						'link_text_more' => 'Join the discussion.',
						'link_title' => '#',
						'use_popup' => false,
					) );

And it works fine: "Leave a comment." when there are no comments yet, "Join the discussion." as soon as there's a discussion to join.

One question, however: what on earth does this line do?

'link_title' => '#'

That's the first line zante changed, with I guess no result. I tried changing it, but got a parsing error instead of my blog!

14 Jan 09, 2009 03:46

'link_title' sets the link title attribute ;)

The title attribute
This attribute offers advisory information about the element for which it is set.

Unlike the TITLE element, which provides information about an entire document and may only appear once, the title attribute may annotate any number of elements. Please consult an element's definition to verify that it supports this attribute.

Values of the title attribute may be rendered by user agents in a variety of ways. For instance, visual browsers frequently display the title as a "tool tip" (a short message that appears when the pointing device pauses over an object). Audio user agents may speak the title information in a similar context. For example, setting the attribute on a link allows user agents (visual and non-visual) to tell users about the nature of the linked resource:

...some text...
Here's a photo of 
<A href="http://someplace.com/neatstuff.gif" title="Me scuba diving">
   me scuba diving last summer
</A>
...some more text...

15 Feb 03, 2009 21:14

Just followed this across from the '[url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=86854#86854]Two things, please[/url]' thread and am trying to confirm the behaviour of this.

I'm assuming that if the various attributes in the feedback_link array are left set at '#', then index.main.php goes off and finds some content elsewhere - in this case, that seems to be taken from inc/comments/model/_comment.funcs.php

Is that correct?

16 Feb 03, 2009 21:43

Yes, but editing core files can be a problem when you do an upgrade... ie remembering which files you edited for what function.

Far better just to edit your skin files instead.

Form is loading...