Recent Topics

1 Jul 22, 2008 03:54    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I've tried everything. I've looked everywhere. I'm typically a guy who doesn't like to ask for help but I probably should as it would save me frustration and loads of time. I've searched everywhere for the last 6 hours for an answer to this and have tried all I think I could but nothing seems to work!

It's interesting... almost everything seems to be working fine. The platform is great. But after 6 hours of trying everything I possibly could, I can't seem to get past the following error when I try to change the darn blog title (when I click save) and also when I try to save the "advanced" tag under blog settings:

Error! Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /blogs/admin.php could not be found on this server.

The closest thing I could find about this was "mod_security rules"

However, I have changed the htaccess file as instructed after installation, but I'm not sure what to think of it. Should it be changed to .htaccess or htaccess or htaccess.php?

My apologies if I'm not making sense, because I don't think I know what I'm talking about! I could be way off here, but man this is frustrating as I really enjoy this program.

I'm losing my mind! Ha! 8|

Thanks for your help!

2 Jul 22, 2008 21:25

it shouldnt be that complicated, it sounds like an url problem, you should check with your baseurl setting in conf/basic.config.php and the other configurations of yours under settings, watch out for the / at the end and your actual root folder and /blog folders match .. if you cant exactly locate the problem, you d better make a fresh install with paying more attention to where you really upload and install your b2 : P thats all i can suggest for now, good luck with it

3 Jul 23, 2008 21:51

It was actually something I had to work out with my host. I did have something to do with mod_security and my host went in there and changed the settings.

All you have to do is let them know the URL that the error is showing up at (for anyone who might run into this problem).

Form is loading...