Recent Topics

1 Jun 23, 2004 19:47    

Hi, currently I run nucleus... are there any tools to help me migrate to b2?

tnx.

2 Jun 23, 2004 21:48

stone wrote:

tnx.

why do you leave nucleus? I thought it has more plugs.

3 Jun 23, 2004 23:10

stone wrote:

tnx.

Actually no.

If you are experienced user you perhaps could make one. If not there could be a developper that could take care of doing one ;)

4 Jun 23, 2004 23:31

Patrick wrote:

stone wrote:

tnx.

Actually no.

If you are experienced user you perhaps could make one. If not there could be a developper that could take care of doing one ;)

I also moved from Nucleus. They seem to have more plugins, but many of them don't work correctly. Modifying templates and skins was slow.

I had a small so the move was done by hand, copy and paste. I'm glad there weren't more posts!

5 Jun 24, 2004 00:22

For the responses...

I've been using nucleus for awhile and enjoy it however some other packages like wordpress and b2 have more 'shipped' by default. They also support subcategories which nucleus doesn't.

I supposed I could modify nucleus but then everytime they update i'd have to redo it. Right now I don't have time to do either that or write some code to migrate it to b2.

6 Sep 04, 2004 01:14

if you hae already solved your problem read no further.

i switched from nucleus to b2 last night actually, and the only way which may work (i havent finished the process yet), is to export your nucleus posts to moveable type, then your moveable type posts to b2vo using the migration script.

read here for more info:

http://www.lissakay.com/index.php/weblog/comments/import-nucleus-into-mt/

click on the link "thats not all i had to say..." for step by step.

also if you have found a simpler way let me know.

7 Jun 07, 2005 00:06

Is there any other way to do this? I don't have a MT instalation to acts as the go-between. LunarPagers does not allow the MT script.

8 Jun 07, 2005 01:35

Honzo: The easiest way might be to make a Nucleus skin that displays all of your posts in the same format at an MT export. Save that as a text file and you can import it into b2evo. I can help you with this if you want. Or I could loan you an MT install.

9 Sep 30, 2005 08:32

I am interested in trying b2evo, and currently use Nucleus. How do you make a skin that displays all the posts as a MT Export?

Form is loading...