Recent Topics

1 Aug 01, 2008 20:17    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

I just installed b2evolution on my webserver, the installation went fine and it gave me my admin login details and I went to login and that worked fine, but on top of the screen there were all kinds of Notice: errors.

When I go to the main /blogs/ URL, it has these notices everywhere all over the page but the buttons and things are still there and seem to work for the most part.

Here are a few examples of what it's showing all over the page, any idea what could cause this? I tried searching for these errors on the forums here but that didn't lead me anywhere:

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home2/www/asdfasdfdsads/jer/blogs/inc/_core/model/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php on line 158

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home2/www/asdfadsfdas/jer/blogs/inc/_core/model/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php on line 158

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home2/www/asdfadsdsaf/jer/blogs/inc/_core/model/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php on line 158

2 Aug 01, 2008 22:52

hi and welcome to the forums chicken-

sth, unexpected must have occured.. replace that file with a fresh one, if the problem persists, make a brand new install with a new downloaded set.. that will posibbly do, if doesnt be back we will look further into that .. good luck

3 Aug 02, 2008 06:19

I deleted my MySQL database and started over, same thing happened. When the install goes, it creates all the tables and whatnot, it says everything installed OK, and it gives me a link to login and I get all those Notice: errors again. I tried creating a blog but that just led to a page of all errors.

My WebHost is hostway and as far as I know have the latest version of php and mysql

BTW, thanks for helping

4 Aug 02, 2008 16:40

I have the same problem with a new install. I tried replaceing the file referenced, and it's still giving me the error. Does anyone know the answer? Thank you for your help!

5 Aug 02, 2008 16:42

BTW, line 158 is

return $obj;

in the following block:

/**
* Instanciate a new object within this cache
*/
function & new_obj( $row = NULL )
{
$objtype = $this->objtype;

// Instantiate a custom object
$obj = new $objtype( $row ); // COPY !!

return $obj;
}

6 Aug 02, 2008 17:03

I've reinstalled this about 5 times, I wish they would upgrade FTP so it didn't have to delete 1 file at a time when deleting a directory, takes forever to delete then reupload this lol.

Perhaps I'll try an earlier release for the hell of it if this upload I got going now doesn't work.

7 Aug 02, 2008 17:05

OK, I added:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

on the next line after

<?php

and it works for me. I found this solution in the forums here.

8 Aug 02, 2008 17:17

Thanks m8, I'll try that now, now I just gotta wait for the all the files to upload again lol :)

9 Aug 02, 2008 17:37

You're welcome, chicken-, glad I could help. Some people use:

error_reporting(0);

in the same place, if that one doesn't work for you. BTW, about the FTP, I use Free Hostia, and I can delete whole folders at once. Their control panel is great, they're very up-to-date and stable, and their tech support is so fast it will make your head spin ;D

10 Aug 03, 2008 17:46

That fix worked, thanks :)

I checked out free hostia, looks like a good deal I'll keep that in mind :)

Form is loading...