Recent Topics

1 Aug 08, 2008 14:38    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hello,

I hope this will make sense to someone, but I'm currently upgrading to version 2.4.2 and I get through most of the install until it says "updating existing database and this appears. Can anyone here shed some light on this please, i'm rather puzzled and do need to resolve it soon.

My understanding is that it's to do with upgrading / updating the database tables.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Checking DB schema version... 8860 : OK.
Setting new defaults...

An unexpected error has occured!
If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!

Duplicate entry 'reloadpage_timeout' for key 1(Errno=1062)

Your query:

INSERT INTO evo_settings (set_name, set_value)

VALUES
( "reloadpage_timeout", "300" ),
( "upload_enabled", "1" ),
( "upload_allowedext", " jpg gif png txt " ),
( "upload_maxkb", "96" )

2 Aug 08, 2008 17:37

Hi hardiem83,

yes this makes sense. You tried to upgrade and some way or another that failed and you tried again.
If you have a backup of the database in the state it was before you first tried to upgrade, do restore it and try running the installer.
If not you're in medium sized troubles. I'm gonna find the installer script by EdB. I strongly advise you to make a backup of the database at this point. See [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14421]HOW-TO import/export databases - create backup[/url] for details.

So please answer the question (if you have a backup from the situation before you started to upgrade) and make a backup if the answer is "no". I'll come back to this topic.

Good luck

3 Aug 11, 2008 10:33

Hello Afwas,

Thanks so much for your reply and help.

Before I started the upgrade I did indeed back up all the blog postings from the database which I now need to re import I guess and I also backed up the files which I'm now reloading via FTP.

However I don't have the original 'Install' folder for the version I was using which was 0.9 something.

Is it possible to obtain because I assume that without it I'm a little stuck.

Thanks,

Mark

4 Aug 11, 2008 14:45

Hi Mark,

The installer is in the distribution for your new version. If you want to upgrade you should FTP the new files to the server.
Read this [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Upgrade_from_an_older_version]Upgrade from an older version[/url] with some extra information although it's a sloppy text.
If you've got subsequent questions you know to find the forums.

Good luck

5 Aug 13, 2008 21:34

Hi Afwas.

I've been looking at carrying out your instructions, but I'm not having much luck. In PHPMYADMIN I can't create a new datbase as it says "No Privileges". So importing won't work because it tells me the datbase already exists. If I have a new database, I assume I can reinstate the original blog postings and install the upgrade hassle free?

However I have backed it up. I deleted / repaired the B2 tables and have reloaded the 2.4.2 files to install but getting the same problem. I don't wish to go back to the previous B2 version as I was wanting to upgrade.

If it's more of a help, have a look at ....

http://www.nickmb.co.uk/blogs/install/index.php

Hopefully you'll see what I mean. Sorry, I'm rather short on ideas at the moment and I really need to fix this.

Thanks once again,

Mark

6 Aug 14, 2008 04:03

Personally I've never actually created a database. Whenever I need a test installation I tell fantastico to install b2evolution for me. I then download the conf/_basic_config.php file (or conf/_config.php file if it installs an older version) and use the info in it to build my own installation. See after fantastico installs for me I drop all the tables via phpmyadmin and delete all the files via my FTP program.

Sloppy and lazy? Perhaps, but I don't have to figure out how to create databases so it works for me ;)

7 Aug 14, 2008 04:09

Hi Ed,

I think a database can be created through cPanel if phpMyAdmin doesn't allow hardiem83 to do so.
But looking at the error from the link he provided I think expert help is needed. This is the same problem with a few other databases that I managed to revive. Furthermore I made a script that may work and if so would check every database entry before writing. I PMed hardiem83 to mail me his database so I can have a look at it.

--F

Form is loading...