Recent Topics

1 Aug 09, 2008 18:34    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hi,

I recently installed b2evolution for the first time and am having some issues. I had setup my blog(s) and had added another user. When the other user attempted to login, he was receiving the following error:

Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired.

I had him try several different things: clear cookies, turn off firewall, try another browser, all unsuccessfully. I then read on this thread http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=16149&highlight=enabled+cookies++login+window+expired that I should try changing the instance name in conf/_advanced.php:

$instance_name = 'CHANGEME'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!!

I tried that , but it did not resolve the problem. I also had him create a new account through the register window, but it got the same error when he tried to log on. The strange thing is I can log into his account from my machine (both here and work), but he can't from his.

I am not great at PHP, and am totally stumped. Please help. My blog url is:
http://metaphysicalrockstar.com/blog/

Thanks.

2 Aug 09, 2008 19:53

i ve registered and logged in your site within a minute without any problem.. it may be a browser thing of yours, you dont have to worry i guess, it should not be a global issue.. cheers

3 Aug 12, 2008 15:20

anthony_s77,

I had the same problem on my wife's site, and deleting the cookies fixed the problem. So I would suggest deleting the cookies for the your site and see if that solves the problem.

Cheers,

RocketDude

4 Aug 12, 2008 21:45

rocketdude, you deleted the cookies on the machine you were trying login on right? Not somehow deleted a cookie from the server end? Thanks for your feedback. You too tilqicom. :D

5 Aug 12, 2008 22:03

anthony_s77,

Correct -- I deleted all of the cookies for the blog on my machine.

Cheers,

RocketDude

6 Aug 12, 2008 22:13

Cool, thanks Rocketdude, I'll give that a try.

Form is loading...