Recent Topics

1 Aug 31, 2008 04:02    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

I'm using the miami_blue skin and I recently created a new disp so that I can use Google's AdSense search for my site. Unfortunately, the smallest width Google will allow for the results frame is 795px, and that's obviously larger than the main content area of the miami_blue skin.

My question is: is it possible to have a main template ignore the Sidebar of the index.main.php template? For example, I want my search.main.php template to have the main content area expand to include the space that is currently used for the Sidebar so the entire Google search results can be seen.

I'm rather ignorant when it comes to php coding, and it was a bit of personal victory to get as far as I did. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

To see what I'm talking about, go to www.boyssayskippy.com and use the Google search field at the top. You'll see that the right side of the results get cut off by the Sidebar.

Thanks again.

2 Aug 31, 2008 04:10

Hi SkippyDM,

Welcome to the forums.
If you're after the gold that Google pays you to use it's search function you will need to adjust the sizes. This is a skin issue, there's no php coding involved. You have to tweak /skins/miami_blue/style.css.
However if you're after a good search function for your site use the latest verion of tha 'Advanced search widget'. See [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15593][Widget] Advanced Search[/url].

Good luck

Form is loading...