Recent Topics

1 Sep 04, 2008 22:30    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

none of the post links work after i upgraded. doesn't matter what skin it is.
anyone know the issue?

http://blog.stellamarie.net/

2 Sep 04, 2008 22:42

Hi stellamarie,

In Dashboard -> Blog settings -> URLs you should try setting the correct method.
Here I'm not certain. It looks like the blog uses 'Extra path on index.php' and you'd better use 'Default blog in index.php' or 'Explicit param on index.php'.
What currently happens is that your links look like http://blog.stellamarie.net/index.php/2008/09/02/seattle_autism_day_2008 and that's not generating the page. Please experminet with these settings and report back to this topic.

Good luck

3 Sep 04, 2008 23:16

yes, i'm using extra path on the date urls, category urls, tag urls...

i changed the single post urls from Use extra-path: year, month & day

to Use param: post title

and the links started working.

do you have a bug database i can post this to?

4 Sep 04, 2008 23:18

I believe this is reported already. There's a bug section in this forum to report issues. Try to avoid duplicate entries there.

Thanks and have fun

5 May 01, 2009 20:10

Has anyone ever come up with a way to work around this? I'm setting up a new blog and was rather disappointed to find out the only way my links would work was if the urls were ugly. I don't want ugly urls.

Thanks.

Riin

6 May 02, 2009 02:07

Not a bug. It's a server issue on your end. It takes something groovy on the server to make pretty URLs work, and if your server doesn't have it then it doesn't work.

Used to be that 'out of the box' b2evo had "technically correct" URLs, but changed to "pretty" recently due to most folk wanted it AND it works for most folk.

Anyway I don't really know what it takes to make it happen, but check out the file in your installation's root level called "sample.htaccess" and see if there is a bit in there that has something to do with pretty or clean URLs. I'm pretty sure there is. If you don't have a .htaccess file then simply remove the sample part from sample.htaccess. If you do have that file then you will want to put the "pretty" bit into your existing file.

7 May 02, 2009 04:25

Aha! That's what I was looking for! I knew it was a server thing, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work anyway. That did it. Thanks!

Riin

8 Jun 26, 2009 18:41

I'm having the same problem and can't seem to fix it.

Form is loading...