Recent Topics

1 Sep 10, 2008 22:30    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi :-)

My Website starts by default with showing the newest Posts. I would rather prefere that there is a static Welcome-Page, or maybe one of the category pages to start with. Is that possible? I'm using version 2.4.2.

Thanks

Alex

2 Sep 11, 2008 04:08

Hi Alex,

This is a nice question for tilqicom who did something similar not to long ago. I'm sure he'll reply any time soon.

Good luck

3 Sep 11, 2008 17:27

It will require some hacking. Let's wait what tilqicom has to say :)

4 Sep 11, 2008 23:32

well quite not.. my homepage wasnt that 'stable' (: it had 3 columns with containers filled with post list widgets gathering&displaying posts from other 10 some blogs..

Actually it was a replica of [url=http://www.filehippo.com/]this[/url] page :roll: except mine was better : P ( .. consider every single category as a blog.. and every box as a post list widget.. If sth similar works for you i can help you out or all you look for is an html-ish index.html and 5 page content, why dont you try 'generate static page' .. whats wrong with it

6 Sep 12, 2008 16:54

To use a category page as the default page, try adding this code after the call to skin_init($disp) in index.main.php.

if (is_default_page())
{
	$cache =& get_Cache('ChapterCache');
	// 6 is the cat ID
	$chapter =& $cache->get_by_ID(6);
	// you could also use:
	//$chapter =& $cache->get_by_urlname('on-the-web');
	header_redirect($chapter->get_permanent_url());
}

The redirect isn't a perfect solution, but $cat (the ID of the category to display) can't be set after the call to skin_init() (because $MainList gets initialized there) and you can't determine whether the default page is displayed before the call to skin_init() without copying code.

Form is loading...