Recent Topics

1 Sep 15, 2008 01:38    

My b2evolution Version: The latest stable version available.

Hello,

I've searched the widgets and the forum and couldn't find what I'm looking for, so have to assume it's not there.

I'd like to request a plugin/widget or something that makes it possible to wrap pages. At the moment you're able to create blogs and static pages (using html). What I would love is a wrapper that wraps an external page in such a way that it includes an external web page into my B2Evo.

I've got loads of pages, forms and other stuff that I want to include in my new website but I don't want to copy the HTML code into a static page or blog. I just want to include the whole page as a link to the source website.

That's it.

Please let me know if I haven't made myself perfectly clear.

Best regards,

CharmedONE

2 Sep 15, 2008 23:40

hi and welcome to the forums CharmedONE..

nice touche.. i even needed exactly this earlier and ve mentioned it but then i ve figured out how the skins work and how to call a single page and it went off being a problem for me..

but the thing is this is kinda useful feature, it should be available as a plugin i believe and i know wise guys are capable of doing it -coughs..:roll: pokes the plugin gurus- .. joomla has one, i dont know about the other cms' , but it's useful in deed, personally i dont like that generate static html thingy

3 Sep 16, 2008 00:21

Heya tilqicom,

Thanks for sharing man. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I'm used to using a non-blog CMS, very easy and simple, Website Baker. The page wrapper is damn near perfect.

Let's hope the pros can come up with something nice..

Thanks again and stay charmed..

CONE

4 Sep 16, 2008 00:41

lets hope they find it as useful as we think it is (:

the idea behind is simple, keeping all the includes (_body_header.inc.php, sidebar.php etc etc) and replacing the post loop with a given stable (probably html) content, but i am no capable of writing any plugin..
but i might provide you a temporary solution or tips if you are using one of the default skins and let know which one you are (hopefully one with only a index.main.php) :p

5 Sep 16, 2008 15:09

Well, that should be possible with an iFrame (that's the way the Joomla plugin does it, if I remember correctly). At least that's the easiest way, although users with browsers that don't support frames won't see the embedded page.

Form is loading...