Recent Topics

1 Sep 15, 2008 20:39    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

What is the minimum supported php version for 2.4.2?
I just downloaded and installed it, am running php 4.3.2, and get fatal errors when I try to see the index page or do an admin login.
I tried some of the fixes found here in the forum, to no avail.
Thanks for any insight!!

2 Sep 15, 2008 20:41

Guess this would help:

On the index page for blog:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /aux1/wwwroot/blog/index.php on line 59

On the login page get this:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /aux1/wwwroot/blog/inc/_main.inc.php on line 447

4 Sep 15, 2008 22:36

No, no other error messages.
Unfortunately, the upgrading of the php is out of my hands.

5 Sep 17, 2008 07:56

You might like to try grabbing a fresh copy of the zip and re-uploading the files. Evo should run happily enough on php4

¥

6 Sep 17, 2008 14:54

I redownloaded and installed and still get this error when trying to login as admin:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /aux1/wwwroot/blog/inc/_main.inc.php on line 447

Any other ideas?? Anyone??

7 Nov 08, 2008 12:18

Since upgrading to 2.4.5 I am seeing exactly the same issue in exactly the same lines. I also see it on a different line

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home6/speleologist/webs/www.robin.me.uk/htdocs/weblog/inc/_main.inc.php on line 513

The line 513 error occurs if I am already logged in. It's on line 447 if I access admin.php when not logged in.

Default installation
PHP 4.3.9
Apache 1.3.34
Running on FREEBSD 4.8

I have tried a complete rerun of the upgrade.

The only thing I have found is that deleting the blog cookie usually allows me to log in.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

8 Nov 08, 2008 16:19

Try removing the &'s from both those lines

$User = & $UserCache->

¥

9 Nov 08, 2008 17:49

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. It seems that when I change the lines I can access the Admin pages without the error when I'm already logged in, but then I get teh error again as soon as I click any link on the admin pages.

10 Nov 19, 2008 22:55

Does anybody have any other suggestions on this? Not knowing PHP myself I'm a bit stuck. I have tried moving the entire database to PHP 5, but that's made no difference. At the moment I'm stuck unable to administer or update the blogs

Form is loading...