Recent Topics

1 Sep 17, 2008 23:30    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hello all,

So i was going over this in my head and i tried a little php code last night but it didn't work. I am trying to activate a pop-up when a user first comes to the page but let it lay dormant for the duration of the rest of the visit. The closest i got was to store a variable with php and add to it for every time the page is loaded (the skin's index.main.php file) Now i don't know why but the variable is not being stored and it starts back at 1 each time. There must be something i am missing or if someone was able to execute a pop-up in the manner that i just explained that would be welcome too!

In a nutshell:
I would like to issue a pop-up to users that only appears once per session.

Thanks again!

~mochababy~

2 Sep 18, 2008 18:30

I'd close any site that did that to me :|

But, you can use $Session object to store a "have I annoyed the hell out of this user yet?" flag ?

<?php
if( !$Session->get('have_I_annoyed_this_user_yet' ) )
{
  $Session->set( 'have_I_annoyed_this_user_yet', 'just about to' );
  $Session->updatedb();
  // do summat that makes me close my browser :D
}
?>

.... ish :roll:

¥

3 Sep 18, 2008 21:44

It's not what you think it is. It's just going to be a popup using a thickbox that explains how my site works!

It will also encourage first time visitors to sign up and be in the know about what i say on my blog. I'm looking at the mailsender plugin and trying to implement a way to have it send messages to users but give users the option to unsubscribe from the mailing list too. I'm making something big...and trust me, I HATE pop ups too i just don't like people sending me a question on how to search! Thanks again yabba and i will be putting up a little bit of code i wrote to export simple phpblog into MT format to import it into B2Evo!

Form is loading...