Recent Topics

1 Sep 19, 2008 02:45    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello!

I currently upgraded my site from v. 1 to v. 2.4.

The problem I am having is I have 136 blogs on my site. Is there anyway I can set the defualt skin for every single blog to the same thing without having to go into each individual blog? Can I change the widgets globally too?

Thanks in advance.

2 Sep 19, 2008 02:52

Widgets you can manage with http://wonderwinds.com/hackblo...ger-plugin but skins I didn't think about. The best way will be to look at your database and see what changes happen when you select your desired skin for one of your blogs, then automagically set that skin to all blogs without bothering with the back office for it. If playing in phpmyadmin to directly affect your database is not something you are comfortable with I'll see about crafting up the SQL statement that will do the job for you. Lemme know!

3 Sep 19, 2008 04:40

Thanks for the reply. I will look at the widget thing...

I am new to PHP and MySql so if you could help me with a script I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will fool around with it tomorrow.

Thanks alot.

4 Sep 19, 2008 21:04

Looked at PHPMyAdminm, but cant figure it out. I found skin_id field but cant change anything to make it work,.

HELP! I dont want to manually change 136 blogs.

5 Sep 19, 2008 22:56

Okay relax. Lemme see what else is going on around here and I'll get you hooked up. So in phpmyadmin you found your database, and in your database you found a bunch of tables, and one of the tables is called "evo_blogs" right? If so one of the fields in that table will be called "blog_skin_ID". Click "browse" and notice how that particular field is a number. So pick the skin you want for one of your blogs then find the skin number for that blog. After that it'll be a reasonably quick ... statement thingie to make your 136 blogs match the blog you set.

6 Sep 19, 2008 23:17

Backup your database twice before tinkering in it. Failure to backup a database before tinkering always results in things going horribly wrong!

Got your blog_skin_ID number? Good! Let's pretend it is 86. Select the evo_blogs table then click on the SQL button across the top. Paste in this, noticing where I have 86 and where you will have whatever skin ID number works for you

UPDATE `evo_blogs` SET `blog_skin_ID` = '86' WHERE `blog_ID` > 0

;)

Form is loading...