Recent Topics

1 Sep 19, 2008 10:54    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hello,
The purpose of a blog is to have lots of users having only posting permissions (and ability to edit their own post) and just couple of users who are submiting a QUESTION. The problem is that: I need to do posting in such a way that if writing user is posting after the question is posted - the question is automatically attached to the answer and this is happening until the next question is posted.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2 Sep 19, 2008 12:05

I'm totally lost as to what you're trying to do.

¥

3 Sep 19, 2008 12:11

Well there are two tipes of posts: topic (question) and answer. When question is posted (bu moderator) all the posts that are following are attached to that post - like comments, but it should be posts. Every answer has that question included automatically or somehow related to that question. And it happens until the next question is posted. Then all the answers are attached to it.

sorry, if it's not clear yet, I'm also thinking how to explain...

4 Sep 19, 2008 12:12

ok, the bit I'm lost on is "why not comments?", they appear to be exactly what you want?

¥

5 Sep 19, 2008 12:16

Let's try the situation: the moderator is posting the question "what if..." and someone is writing a post. The post is automatically related to question "what if". Another person is posting and again his answer is related to post "what if..". Then moderator is posting "when will it happen..." and if someone is posting - their post is attached to post "when will it happen..." except the case when they are choosing to be attached to different post manually.

one of my colleagues suggested to play with two b2evolutions using one for users and other for topics, but I gues there is an easier way to do that.

6 Sep 19, 2008 12:18

Comments aren't good for sorting. Later I need statistics to be able to look all the posts by particular user, by question also. Is it possible to do with comments?

7 Sep 19, 2008 12:29

It's pretty easy to get the post & comment counts for any / all users, and using comments makes far more sense than the workflow you're contemplating.

¥

8 Sep 19, 2008 12:34

ok, maybe then you can tell me, where can i get that comment stats? Is it pugin, or in standard instalation (I can't locate). Also, how to make coments always visible - like I have question - and visible comments, and then below another post/question and again all visible comments?

9 Sep 19, 2008 13:01

To get comment stats you'd either need to query the database ( evo_comments ) or code a plugin that did it, it's not part of the standard install.

To display all comments by a user is *fairly* easily done in your skin

To make all comments display after each question you should just be able to add $c = 1; in your skin ... anywhere near the top will do.

¥

10 Sep 19, 2008 13:07

unfortunately I don't know how to do the first part - to query the database or to code a plugin. Maybe there is a place in this forum, where i can find out that?

Thank you very much!

11 Sep 19, 2008 15:45

If you give me a clue as to what sort of stats you want and in what format then I may be able to help when I get some free time.

¥

12 Sep 19, 2008 15:54

oh thank you!

well, I need simple thing - there will be unlimited amount of users which will be posting answers to given topics, I'll make a drop down user list on the blog that could be seen by everyone and when you choose the a person, system should response with all his comments on all the posted questions.

The other filter must be list of all posted questions without comments.

So as i understand it should be something that can be automatically attached to the new created user and in such a way after registering user will be included in statistics.

if you could give me a hint, maybe i'll do it myself, but you see, i'm dummy in databases, so i would really appreciate your help!

13 Sep 19, 2008 16:06

How fluent are you with PHP ?

The majority of this can be done by just asking the evo-core the right questions ( there's loads of docs on teh documentation tab above ... dunno how good they are because I find it easier to read code ;) )

A good starting place would be looking into $CommentList functions as I'm pretty sure that can be limited to a single author ( user ), and definitely to a single post.

¥

Form is loading...