Recent Topics

1 Sep 25, 2008 10:54    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hey guys,

I'm currently using a few XML feeds and automated crons to upload content to my blog, problem is I want the content to be pretty (HTML+CSS+Images) therefore the email method is obsolete.

I'm currently using cURL (lolhax) to login and then add the blog, although i'm having problems with the HTML being sent over a post method (Imagine a whole HTML code in a URL). So you can probably see the problem (PHP programmers will anyway)

I noticed there was an XMLRPC method of doing this, but only seems to be available if I go with some other service?

I would love to use an XMLRPC method although can't find any documentation and hate spending a whole day trawling through someone elses code to find what I need.

Has anyone done similar, or is there another way I can go about doing this?

All help MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,

P.S. I made a little plugin that allows GEOIP based HTML (e.g. US sees US adverts, UK sees UK adverts and the rest of the world sees another advert)
Is it worth me giving you guys a look? It's made for work but isn't really supposed to be used by other people, therefore I have nowhere to host it, just a little script I needed.

3 Sep 26, 2008 11:51

I'm not sure what you are looking for. Cuz, like, to my way of thinking the only thing email blogging lacks is images. In other words, the content is plain text and the style sheet makes it pretty. Except images.

Anyway I don't think anyone has crafted up a way to use xmlrpc to post. I think it'd be way cool though. I think a local desktop form-thing to add content would be awesome. So like you could craft up a post without being online, then go online and update the masterpiece you so carefully created.

Hey there's an idea. Could you explain in layman's terms what you want to do? Like, leave out acronyms and technical stuff because maybe the "human friendly" equivalent of your goal has already been achieved.

You have a plugin that does something? HELL YES GIVE IT UP! SRSLY. Like, the more the merrier eh? Might be good for some folk and inspirational to others is the thing.

4 Sep 26, 2008 15:45

Thanks for the reply!

The email way does not allow me to insert HTML (The webs markup language). This is the problem.

Without HTML I cannot format the post as the content isn't extremely text based, its image and layout based therefore needs HTML (Div tags, tables etc).

I will post a link to the plugin once I put it somewhere!

XMLRPC should be so easy to do, I just need to know the parameters and URL's eeeeeaaasssyyy

-Edit:

Added plugin code here:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=81509

-Edit:

Here is the code i'm using to post blogs:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=81510

Form is loading...