Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2008 09:33    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Why is there still not a delete multiple posts, or archives in or delete multiple comments in the latest versions of b2evo?

3 Sep 27, 2008 13:23

I'm having a hard time imagining why one would expect this feature, but whatever: on your "Posts / Comments" tab use the "post list" subtab, then ... oh wait FIRST get the snap links add-on ... then right-click and drag a box over all the little red X icons. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4336

Kinda like burning your diary eh?

5 Sep 27, 2008 23:35

I also think checkboxes would be useful. :)

6 Sep 28, 2008 00:33

Well for myself, I add 10-20 new daily, and well as you can imagine 2 months from now I have alot of posts, and some have dead links or are for the most part obsolete, as well as some categories as my blog is in a constant state of evolution, so when say I want to delete a category, I can't if it has 20 posts in it, 20 obsolete posts, until I delete all posts, well I dun wanna waste the time deleting individual posts when I could accomplish it in 2 secs...

7 Sep 28, 2008 00:33

Okay so let's study this checkbox. Would there also be a checkbox for deprecating multiple posts? How about a checkbox for marking them as drafts? Or making them be protected? Or private? Why just delete? Once you figure out how to do all these checkboxes you then have to figure out how to set up the default condition for everything AND who gets permission to do it.

Keep in mind the idea here is to put content online - not remove it. So how much effort should be put into a "feature" that doesn't support bloggers blogging?

Get Firefox. Get Snap Links. Be Happy.

8 Sep 29, 2008 21:16

There really should be one checkbox for each post, just like in, say, Gmail (or a zillion webapps out there). You select the posts and then select the action to perform from a listbox. There would be also buttons for common actions such as "Delete". You know, just like Gmail.

Balupton had done this for a previous version of b2evo, if I remember well. I wonder if it would be easy to update that work.

Form is loading...