Recent Topics

1 Oct 03, 2008 12:34    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

My version: 2.3.0-rc1 released on 12/28/07

I'm having some strange problems with sorting the posts on our blog now. These are my settings under "content / posts":

Order by: date issued (default)
Direction: Descending
Display unit: posts
Posts / Days per page: 3
Archive grouping: Monthly

So, the main page is shown as it should; the three most recent posts in a descending order. The problems occur when one tries to go to the next page in the bottom of the site:

http://pi.chj.no/?blog=1&order=desc&orderby=views&posts=5&show_past=1&show_future=1&paged=2

Then it shows 5 posts, and in an order unknown to anyone, the five posts, as they are displayed, are:

Ny trilletur 02/13/08 11:59:58 pm 1 comment
SNUFS! Småsyk og alene 04/15/08 09:03:42 am 1 comment
Tilbake i Bergen 05/18/08 11:11:10 pm 0 comments
Barnehavemangelen 07/21/08 07:49:02 pm 1 comment
Oppsummering, arbeiderklasse og turliv 05/03/08 10:37:40 pm 1 comment

So, obviously, it's neither sorted by date, by title, by comments...

And this continues on the next page, and so on: only the front page is displayed as it should.

Now, this hasn't been a problem *earlier*, the only thing I've done (honestly!) is to install a lame plugin called flowplayer_plugin (which didn't work as I hoped it would). Somehow, then, this might be the reason.

The only file I've found that looks interesting is

inc/collections/model/_collsettings.class.php

which contains:

'orderby' => 'datestart',
'orderdir' => 'DESC',
'what_to_show' => 'posts', // posts, days
'posts_per_page' => '5',
'feed_content' => 'normal',

I do not know if this is relevant, but changes in the blog are not reflected to the file, also changes to the file is not reflected in the blog.

Any ideas?

2 Oct 03, 2008 12:43

Right: the problem was a plugin/widget called "ministats", which I did install a long time ago.

The thing is, yesterday I changed its setting to display which posts had the most views... and of course, the faulty link contained:

#orderby=views#

So, I disabled the "most viewed posts" feature again, and everything works now as it should.

Bad widget.

3 Oct 03, 2008 14:40

bad widget :) try to contact the widget author to speak about the problem.

Form is loading...