Recent Topics

1 Oct 10, 2008 12:47    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I installed b2evolution last week for the first time (have godaddy hosting), and generally things work great.

However, I've noticed that the "Leave a comment" section doesn't work.
The "Send a Trackback" section doesn't work.
Nor do any of the categories I've created, even though I categorized my posts.

I get an error like this when I try to use any of those features...

Not Found
The requested URL /blog1.php/2008/10/06/new-website-layout was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That's a specific error message I get for trying to comment on my latest post in news section, but all errors are the same just different URLs.

I'm guessing that URL is not on my server, but isn't b2evolution supposed to generate these automatically when I make a post?

Or are there some steps I am missing?

My site is www.chrisperez.net if you want to navigate and see for yourself.

2 Oct 11, 2008 08:42

It looks like maybe you have "clean URLs" checked, but your host doesn't allow them. (Are you on a windows-based web server?)

You're right, I DO get a 404 on the default comment link, but can see http://www.chrisperez.net/blog2.php?disp=comments just fine.

I'd check your application settings and choose a non-"clean URL" permalink type and see if that makes a differnce.

(BTW .. you're permalinks are in the same position)

Hope this helps.
-stk

3 Oct 13, 2008 21:11

Thanks, I got it fixed by changing the URL settings to use 'param' types instead of 'extra-path' types...

Date archive URLs
Category URLs
Tag page URLs
Single post URLs

Fixed this in each of my blogs and saved the settings and it all works now.

Form is loading...