Recent Topics

1 Oct 11, 2008 19:52    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hey everyone,

I am a a novice and I hope that people on this board will be will be patient with me. I have been handed the project of learning how to use b2evolution. I had nothing to do with the original installation, I'm just supposed to learn how to use functionally use it. I am using version 2.4.2

I will do everything I can to make my questions as clear as possible and try to learn one thing at a time.

Right now I am trying to learn how to change the photo in the header of my blog.

I uploaded a photo into my media root, but I don't know the exact link to the photo.

Hopefully this 1 minute video will explain my situation more clearly.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/RobbyBarbaro/videos/10/

These are the file names I tried:
• blog4/media/DSC02166.JPG

• media/DSC02166.JPG

• blog4/media/

• blog4/media/dsc02166.jpg

• ./media/dsc02166.jpg

• Robby_STD./media/dsc02166.jpg

• Robby_STD/media/.evocache/dsc02166.jpg

• Robby_STD/media/dsc02166.jpg

Thanks,
Robby

2 Oct 12, 2008 06:55

Could you tell us what Skin you're using. If the skin is not getting the logo/picture setting from that box in your video, then you won't be able to use it or link to it.

If you know CCS/HTML, you can browse to the "skins" folder, find the skin name, then look for the style.css file, and see if you can replace the banner picture path there....

kudos on the video by the way...

3 Oct 12, 2008 15:13

Hey Edgar,

Thanks for your reply. The skin I am using is called "nautica_2lmar

I don't know CSS/HTML.....I'm hoping to simply learn where to put such code and then copy and paste it to the right place. I'm hoping that I don't actually have to learn CSS/HTML to accomplish basic blogging.

"kudos on the video by the way..." I'm assuming you thought the video was a good way for me to ask questions, so I intend to keep on doing that in the future.

I think I found the "style.css" that you are talking about. And I think I see the spot in the code where I could input a link to my new image.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/RobbyBarbaro/videos/11/

So, in order to change the header:
1. I need to get permission to edit the CSS code
2. I need to figure out the path of the picture I uploaded, and insert that path into the CSS code. Can you help me figure out that path?

Thanks again for your help,

Robby

4 Oct 13, 2008 06:44

i wonder why you ve tried to use the one in your media folder.. dont you want to customize your header image for every visitor of your site ? and arent you the root admin ?

apart from these questions, simply upload your new header image to the .../skins/nautica_2lmar/img/ folder, let's say mynewheader.jpg and open up the .../skins/nautica_2lmar/style.css through your ftp account, and change the following line

#header {
	background: #eee url('img/banner_sea.jpg') no-repeat center top;
}

accordingly..

Form is loading...