Recent Topics

1 Oct 18, 2008 08:46    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of adding the blog to my existing website. My hired help is trying to push me wordpress way however I can't find my way around it.

I was wondering if this type of blog is more easy to work with - I'm using WYSIWYG for my page at the moment and how much of real help can you get in this forum.

So in the summary.
Is this software better and can I count on support if I go with it. :lol:

2 Oct 18, 2008 09:09

Hi and welcome

Both Wordpress and B2 are sophisticated blogging formats.

B2 can be as simple or as complex as you need. It is a multiblog format and the main issues you might have is simply getting familiar with the Admin area.

This B2 forum is responsive, helpful and has a core of very talented people ranging from the developers to everyday users.

The benefit of B2 help, is that, unlike Wordpress, it's far less busy and your more likely to get answers and contributions.

I suggest that you and your "hired help" take the time time to play with the Demo..
http://demo.b2evolution.net/
After that simply come back with any questions.

I've used both and far prefer the security and flexibility of B2, not to mention the community and help :)

Hope this helps

3 Oct 18, 2008 13:33

agabob wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of adding the blog to my existing website. My hired help is trying to push me wordpress way however I can't find my way around it.

I was wondering if this type of blog is more easy to work with - I'm using WYSIWYG for my page at the moment and how much of real help can you get in this forum.

So in the summary.
Is this software better and can I count on support if I go with it. :lol:

hi and welcome to the forums..
just curious, where are yerselves from ?

to respond to your question; as a person that had used many cms' my answer to the question " xxx Cms /xxx blog system or B2evolution?" i did choose b2

4 Oct 18, 2008 13:43

I'm from Australia.

The main thing which worries me is finding the way to insert in the page the ads, affiliate links and pics. As I use the wysiwyg builder - all those things are a breeze but blogs are completely different thing. That's why I'm trying to find one which is user friendly.
Do you need to have the advanced coding knowledge ? I have none.

For example I noticed you can have 1 or 2 sidebars but I couldn't find how you change their position or the size :'(

5 Oct 18, 2008 13:48

agabob wrote:

I'm from Australia.

The main thing which worries me is finding the way to insert in the page the ads, affiliate links and pics. As I use the wysiwyg builder - all those things are a breeze but blogs are completely different thing. That's why I'm trying to find one which is user friendly.
Do you need to have the advanced coding knowledge ? I have none.

For example I noticed you can have 1 or 2 sidebars but I couldn't find how you change their position or the size :'(

nope doesnt require any coding

that is a very FAQ.. i will try to make a fine video, image tutorial about adding banners and such today or sth..

but it's very simple actually, you can insert your banner/link just the same as you would insert into an html page..

Go to your blog settings > widgets > insert widget (Free Html widget)

insert the widget where you wanted to see the banner/link; header, sidebar whatever..

you can add/modify/delete those widgets whenever you want

6 Oct 18, 2008 14:03

Yes, I notice free html - that was a first thing which I liked as it's very similar to what I'm used to. What about all the resizing of components like sidebars, titles etc
I have a programmer who is going to transfer my CSS layout to make a blog look like my website but after this job is done I'm on my own :oops:
And scared LOL

7 Oct 18, 2008 14:17

agabob wrote:

Yes, I notice free html - that was a first thing which I liked as it's very similar to what I'm used to. What about all the resizing of components like sidebars, titles etc
I have a programmer who is going to transfer my CSS layout to make a blog look like my website but after this job is done I'm on my own :oops:
And scared LOL

all b2 'components' are %100 css compatibale.. you can style your blog and all the elements of it comfortably throughout your css.. every widget, every title, every single detail has it's own default css classes, that you can add/customize

Form is loading...