Recent Topics

1 Oct 28, 2008 16:28    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi,

We are running b2e v. 2.4.2 and have one account in which the person can post to our blog. She does not have admin privileges.

Our former IT manager left on bad terms and left phony passwords for most applications, including our b2e admin password.

I am able to edit our web site, but even after purusing the various forums, I am unsure how I can reset this password as I am unable to access the backoffice area or find / access phpMyAdmin.

Any suggestions would greatly help! (Besides resign of course :) )

Brett Davis

2 Oct 29, 2008 01:15

brett261 wrote:

[...]
Our former IT manager left on bad terms and left phony passwords for most applications, including our b2e admin password.

Have you tried the easiest and more intuitive procedure? That is, assuming that the administrator login id is admin and also that the admin email address references your site, you could click the link labeled Lost password ? located in b2evolution login page.

You may want to familiarize yourself with the information (which includes the admin email address) located in the file:
<path to your blog>/conf/_basic_config.php

Please note that you need to login to your remote or local host where b2evolution is being hosted; in other words, you can not access the above referenced file over HTTP.

brett261 wrote:

[...]I am unable to access the backoffice area or find / access phpMyAdmin.
[...]
Brett Davis

...and I am also assuming that you are not a cracker who simply is trying to hijack an b2evolution blog somewhere. Please do not take that as an offense, but I have reported to their respective ISPs --and subsequently banned-- those IP addresses who attempt to probe my resources for the existence of phpMyAdmin --the resource that you referenced above.

Form is loading...