Recent Topics

1 Jun 30, 2004 20:45    

I'm trying to move one of my friends from MovableType to b2evolution and having a few problems. The goal here is to make the [url=http://www.navarinounincorporated.com/blogs/index.php/unincorporated]new blog[/url] look almost the same as the [url=http://www.labmistress.com/lmblog/vinnietheknees/]old blog[/url].

As you can see I've done some template manipulation to get it reasonably close, but there are some bugs I could ues help squishing. I am not all that well versed in CSS., I learned back in the day of HTML tables and that's hard to unlearn.

Here are the things I'd appreciate some help fixing. I have access to the new skin files, the old MT template files and just about anything else you need.

1) In Mozilla Firefox (maybe more) the header is pused down into the page.
2) The date_if_changed shows up in 6/25/04 format instead of June 25, 2004
3) Things in the menu do not seem to center properly
4) The column width varies in the calendar (M/T/W are wider than Th/Fr/S/S)
5) The grey background of the section headers in the menu does not stretch to 100% of the column width
6) The comments | trackback links don't want to go on the same line as the posted by

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 Jun 30, 2004 21:44

well, the date you can change at settings / regional ..
There?s a place input named date..

the string:

M d, Y

[]?s
- Walter

3 Jul 01, 2004 20:42

i'm at work but this is what i can help with so far

i find using the bookmarklet from this page http://www.inluminent.com/weblog/archives/2002/09/05/show_div_bookmarklet/ helps greatly in solving positioning issues without going through the trouble of adding borders to every element!

also in css an id will always override a class.

in your css:

#menu ul {
	margin-top: 0;
	padding-left: 0;
	margin-left: 0;
	list-style: none;	

color: #B54141;
	/*text-indent: 1000em;*/

}

#menu a:link, #menu a:visited {
	color: black;
	border: none;
}

#menu ul ul {
	margin-left: 0;
	list-style: disc;
	list-style-position: inside;
	padding-left: 0.5em;
	text-indent: 0;
	color: black;
}

overrides

.emailauth a {
	color: #999966;
	text-decoration: none;
	font-weight:bold;
}

.emailauth a:link {
	color: #999966;
	text-decoration: none;
} 

i can't recall if you can combine id and class (#menu .emailauth a) but if that works try that. Because there is no '#menu img' defined your email picture is centered but nothing else is. commenting out some of the offending #menu styles would also help.

also the comments/trackback links are in a seperate div from 'posted by' and 2 divs do not like to be on the same line. merge them into a single div.

5 Jul 08, 2004 20:02

Hi,

I was able to use Walter's advice above about looking in settings, regional to change the date format (I wanted F d, Y instead of m/d/y) but I cannot figure out what code in which file is controlling the gigantic SIZE of the date. And its color. Where is that code? Thanks!

Brian

6 Jul 09, 2004 00:41

I cannot figure out what code in which file is controlling the gigantic SIZE of the date. And its color. Where is that code? Thanks!

.../blogs/skins/unincorporated/style.css

#content h2 {
	font-size: 0.9em;
	border: 1px solid #ccc;
	color: #666;
	padding: 5px;
	margin-bottom: 0;
	margin-top: 0;
}

Mess around with this bit to change the date. Note that the date is in an H2 element within the DIV with an ID of "content" (#content h2.)

7 Jul 09, 2004 03:53

Hi,

I don't have: .../blogs/skins/unincorporated/style.css
because there is no 'unincorporated' directory. The only .css file I've been editing and that I can find that looks relevant is:

.../blogs/skins/custom/custom.css

and it doesn't have the code you mention. Instead, the code that seems to control the date size is just:

/* Styles for main area (left) */
h2 {
	margin-left: 8px;
}

I tried changing this to h3 instead of h2 and it screwed up several things, so I switched it back. Changing that one 2 to a 3 didn't seem to affect the date size, but it moved the date to the far left of the screen, with no margin, and made some of the headings in the right-hand column wrap in a goofy way.

Any other ideas on changing the size of the date/finding the responsible code?

Form is loading...