Recent Topics

1 Oct 31, 2008 22:09    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Just installed 2.4.5 and went to the login page to login as admin and couldn't. The message "The login window has expired. Please try again." Every time I try to login.
The system is:
CentOS 5
current versions of php and MySQL

Browser I'm using to login is Firefox.

2 Nov 05, 2008 02:02

Hi jhammer,

Do you still have this problem? It looks like the cookie doesn't hold. That would be a setting in Firefox. Can you try with a different browser?

Good luck

3 Dec 15, 2008 14:21

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.5

Just upgraded from a 1x b2evolution and am experiencing the same problem as jhammer (above). Using Internet Explorer (latest version, 64-bit system) I am suddenly being informed when trying to log-in as admin that the 'window has expired' or cookies not enabled. (Should say that no changes have been made to Internet Explorer and that this was not happening prior to the upgrade earlier today).

Additional point - when loggin in the asterisked (starred) password field generates a whole string of extra stars or hashes in addition to the existing password.

I can log-in using Opera, but some users prefer Internet Explorer.

Is this a known issue, are there any working hacks?

Thanks for any help offered!

4 Dec 15, 2008 16:33

I experienced the same problem after upgrading to 2.4.5.

The reason in my case was that the new system was conflicting its cookie with the old version.

Try clearing all your cookies in your system. If that doesn't help, try to change the name of the cookie b2evolution stores. By default the name is b2evo and can be found from the _advanced.php file from the conf directory. The setting is named "$instance_name".

5 Dec 15, 2008 16:37

:D

Thanks! Tried everything except the most obvious! Cleared old cookies and log-in back to normal!

The log-in problem didn't happen in Opera so I didn't think that would be the issue.

Thanks again!

Form is loading...