Recent Topics

1 Nov 04, 2008 19:31    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I'm trying to allow users to upload large files into a music folder (which is tied to the plugin "song attacher"). i'm guessing some of the files are going to be large (around 100mb) but when i try to change the 'maximum allowed file size' to my desired amount, i get an error message saying that the max i can post is around 2mb.... is this something with my webserver setting or is this a b2evo thing? running 1.10.2

2 Nov 04, 2008 19:50

Wow ... 100 MB is huge ... most of my music MP3's are around 3-5 MB in size, even the movies I upload are less than 100 MB - a couple are in the 50 MB range.

I'd question first, why music files "need" to be larger than 100 MB?

Not sure at server/b2evo limits ... will have to look.

3 Nov 04, 2008 19:55

I'm not sure what (if any) kinds of limits are imposed by the web server, but you can try setting the

$upload_maxmaxkb = 2048

value in /conf/_advanced.php to be what you want - around line 538.

5 Nov 05, 2008 01:31

Glad it worked and understand @ radio shows, didn't think about that.

I've had problems with plug-ins that ocassionally disable themselves. I think it's caused from a PHP ERROR or WARNING ... it's usually happens when I'm monkeying with the code or styling of a plug-in ... and it's very annoying. But, once I've sorted things the way I want, I've never had any issues with plug-ins auto-disabling once they're in production mode.

(Only mildy familiar with the 4 plug-ins you mention).

Good luck.

6 Nov 09, 2008 21:22

stk wrote:

I'm not sure what (if any) kinds of limits are imposed by the web server, but you can try setting the

$upload_maxmaxkb = 2048

value in /conf/_advanced.php to be what you want - around line 538.

Does this have to be done in code? I swear I have seen the configurable option somewhere in the settings but I can't find it now.

7 Nov 10, 2008 00:45

In a 1.x world, it's done in the conf/_advanced.php file. In a 2.x world ... whoo knows? (no wait ... Yabba knows)

Form is loading...