Recent Topics

1 Nov 04, 2008 19:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I managed to get sendmail for windows working with b2evo, so I thought I would share with the poor souls out there that are running IIS.

Okay, so first grab fake send mail here:

http://www.glob.com.au/sendmail/

Next, extract it to a directory on your hard drive like C:\sendmail.

Then edit your php.ini by locating the [mail function] section. And edit it so it looks like this.

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
;SMTP = localhost
;smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = blank@blank.com

;For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: ;"sendmail -t -i").
sendmail_path = "C:\usr\lib\sendmail.exe -t" (this is the part you want to edit)

I keep mine in C:\usr\lib. But you can put it anywhere you want as long as you modify the path to reflect where the sendmail.exe is on your drive.

restart the WWW Publishing service

and there you go!

It works with any program that references the PHP.ini to send mail. But, it is really handy for b2evo.

2 Nov 05, 2008 02:17

Hi 66cat389,

Great job. Thanks for reporting to the forums.

Happy blogging

3 Nov 06, 2008 07:28

Just trying to help out my fellow windoze users. :p

4 Jul 19, 2009 22:39

Hi,
Thanks for the fake sendmail info. However it does not seem to work for me with B2evo.
I have just installed version 3.3.0. I was getting an error message when registering.
After installing the fake sendmail, I get the green message telling a mail was sent, but I dont get anything.
I have testing sending email after installing the fake sendmail with WorlPress also running on IIS (bt where I have other problems.....).
Is there any way to configure SMTP inside B2evo ?

Thanks

6 Jul 20, 2009 09:43

I think the info on the link you provide are not up to date for the current version of swift and B2evolution.
I had to change a good few paths and also add some include clauses into swift files.
I must say, I gave up at some points.
I'll make a last try with the sendmail plugin....

Form is loading...