Recent Topics

1 Nov 05, 2008 05:57    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm having some serious issues with my blog (first one I've done).

First of all, this is on a Windows server, and I have had some assistance from a very knowledgeable person here to get some of the issues that I noticed right away taken care of. However, what is currently happening is:

If I go to my blog to comment on a post, it asks me to comment instead of having me login. Once I click the "Send Comment" button, I receive a "Bad Request" and the URL it's looking for is /htsrv/comment_post.php
Not sure why this happens.

If I click the LOGIN button, and login as admin, I receive a "The login window has expired, please try again" error message. However, I CAN click "LOGIN INTO BACKOFFICE" fine. This may be normal since it's an ADMIN account that I am logging into?
Once logged in as ADMIN, the comment I attempted to leave in the 2nd paragraph above is there awaiting approval even though it took the user to a BAD REQUEST page. . . this is confusing to me.

Lastly, when I try to REGISTER as a new user, I enter my username, password, and email address. I go to the email address to retrieve the email that I get sent and can login. However, the same thing happens when trying to respond to a comment" "Bad Request".

If you have any idea what I am doing wrong, I'd sure like to learn this. I did not find the answers in the DOCS section here.

Thank you.

3 Nov 07, 2008 23:09

Unfortunately, I didn't find anything to fix it here.

Could it be that b2evolution just won't run on Windows?

I'm confused.

4 Nov 12, 2008 06:40

jayjay wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't find anything to fix it here.

Could it be that b2evolution just won't run on Windows?

[...]

That is a highly speculative conclusion since b2evolution even performs (runs) on OS/2 ;)

Excerpt from b2evolution System Requirements:
Additionally, b2evolution will also install and run on the [url=http://www.metztli-it.com/blog/index.php/2008/06/02/os-2-warp-server-for-e-business-wseb-and?blog=4]OS/2 Warp Server for E-Business (WSEB)[/url] with the proper Apache2, MySQL, and PHP, stack in place.

5 Nov 12, 2008 15:52

I wasn't accusing -- just trying to find out why my installation won't run.
I don't know where to go with this any longer. I've read everything that appears relevent here on the DOCS tab but am finding nothing that could cause this.

6 Nov 12, 2008 17:04

Last time I had a problem with windows and evo ( apart from my crap coding :D ) was with relative urls in redirects

¥

7 Nov 12, 2008 21:31

jayjay wrote:

I wasn't accusing -- just trying to find out why my installation won't run.
I don't know where to go with this any longer.[...]

Often (if not always) in everything in life (not just b2evo) you will become proficient by attempting (or doing a procedure) more than once.

Suggestion: wipe out this --your very first installation attempt-- and start over.

The file system layout in WinXX is very similar to that of the OS/2 (from which it branched out). Accordingly, you may get some insight if you read the b2evolution installation on the OS/2 --of course, if you are using the Apache web server and not IIS.

Form is loading...