Recent Topics

1 Nov 11, 2008 04:08    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

My linkblog widget always orders the posts (links) alphabetically. Is there a way I can order them by modification date? It's not due to my blog settings; whatever blog I direct the Linkblog widget to it does the same.
Thanks,
Tony

2 Dec 23, 2008 07:46

Hello.

Did you find the answer to this?

Thanks.

3 Dec 23, 2008 13:43

inc/widgets/model/_widget.class.php ( approx 549 ) change orderby and/or order, to whatever you want

$LinkblogList->set_filters( array(
				'cat_array' => $linkblog_cat_array,
				'cat_modifier' => $linkblog_cat_modifier,
				'orderby' => 'main_cat_ID title',
				'order' => 'ASC',
				'unit' => 'posts',
			), false ); // we don't want to memorise these params

¥

4 Apr 08, 2009 05:12

for a php neophyte, can somebody share what one might change the value of 'orderby' to?

5 Apr 08, 2009 05:26

'datestart' = 'Date',
'datemodified' = 'Date Modified'
'title' = 'Title'
'views' = 'Views'
'wordcount' = 'wordcount'

Use something from the first side to get the thing on the back side. I'm pretty sure datemodified would take into account things like editing a post.

Give me about a week and I'll have all the widgets improved rather nicely by the way. Linkblog widget will include an option for which orderby you want for each time you use a linkblog widget. Pretty neato eh? Or feel free to make your own core improvements :)

6 Apr 08, 2009 05:52

EdB wrote:

'datestart' = 'Date',
'datemodified' = 'Date Modified'
'title' = 'Title'
'views' = 'Views'
'wordcount' = 'wordcount'

oh, i tried 'date' and got an error. thanks!

feel free to make your own core improvements :)

I did! I changed the linkblog's $link_type from 'linkto_url' to 'permalink', and viola the linkblog went from being useless (for my purposes) to very useful!, epsecially with the collapse_me plugin.

also that one edit unravelled about 4 hours of trouble-shooting/making.

7 Apr 08, 2009 05:55

datestart should give you date - not the other way 'round. I clipped that out of the future widget is what I mean, and in there the way it works is "this value" = "This Text".

Yeah that "linkto_url" thing for a linkblog is silly.

Form is loading...