Recent Topics

1 Nov 21, 2008 17:04    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Ok I set up my blog, and have rss feeds going and I though everything was OK. Despite generating more traffic every day, I was getting no comments posted. So I tried posting feedback and guess what it doesn't post it...it just refreshes the main page. I tried creating a new user to post and still no feedback allowed...so basically I must have set something up wrong or there is some bad setting in the backend. the blog is at http://blog.mybadcomputer.com/ which is actually a subdomain redirect. I am using the Glossy Blue skin....please any help...I really don't want to tear down the entire blog and restart as I am generating traffic.

Thanks
justin@mybadcomputer.com

2 Nov 22, 2008 04:57

check out your skin. There are some tags that automatically embed the comments form.

I would fall back to a built-in skin (evopress for example) and see if you can post comments through there.

If that works, then look for this bit piece of code. this is what triggers the comments

<?php
				// ------------------ FEEDBACK (COMMENTS/TRACKBACKS) INCLUDED HERE ------------------
				skin_include( '_item_feedback.inc.php', array(
						'before_section_title' => '<h4>',
						'after_section_title'  => '</h4>',
					) );
				// Note: You can customize the default item feedback by copying the generic
				// /skins/_item_feedback.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
				// ---------------------- END OF FEEDBACK (COMMENTS/TRACKBACKS) ---------------------
			?>

3 Nov 26, 2008 15:57

Crack open conf/_basic.config.php and change $baseurl to point to your subdomain

¥

Form is loading...