Recent Topics

1 Dec 05, 2008 23:35    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I don't manage my blog site, another person does, whom I've not yet been able to raise.

Anyway, I'd like to know if you can answer my question anyway. For some reason of late my blog has been very slow loading and updating - and it seems to conincide with a possible b2evo upgrade, because I noticed it immediately when suddenly I went from having only the "leave comment" notification on the bottom of every post to a whole comment box + captcha entry window posted beneath every single blog entry.

1) is there something in the default in the crystalglass skin that changed in a recent b2evo version update? If so, how do I get back the simple "leave comment" line only instead of the comment window on every single blog post?

2) can this be causing the slowdown, or is there something else likely?

Thanks,

Todd

2 Dec 05, 2008 23:56

A further interesting discovery.

My robot hits suddenly jumped up by a factor of 8 starting on december 2 (an average of about 150 per day to 1200 the past 3 days). This corresponds with a post, but there was nothing odd in that post.

Any idea why this may be, and whether it could possibly be related to why my blog is so blessed slow over the same time period?

3 Jan 16, 2009 01:02

This would be a function/feature of the skin you are using - the thing where you have comments and the comment form on every post - but crystalglass isn't an "official" skin. Meaning it isn't included in the distribution. Anyway I'm sure it can be resolved, but a link to where this is happening will help find the resolution you seek.

4 Jan 16, 2009 02:38

@EdB: I did the Crystalglass for >2.4.1 based on Custom.
Therefore I don't think the skin is to blame unless I made an error somewhere.

@toddpedlar: is the blog just as slow with (any) other skin? How does the speed compare to any other B2evo install (e.g. http://demo.b2evolution.net .) I can't really think of an explanation that is obvious. Perhaps you can allow one of us have a look at your settings.

Good luck

5 Jan 16, 2009 04:05

Afwas wrote:

@EdB: I did the Crystalglass for >2.4.1 based on Custom.
Therefore I don't think the skin is to blame unless I made an error somewhere.

Oh man with you being like 'Mister Skin' I should have been able to guess that!

So maybe this third party that handles this web but is unreachable hacked it? I mean, you gotta actively do something to either a skin or the core to get comments displayed on a multi-post page right?

Yeah we need a link. And maybe access. And maybe some snippets from some of your skins/crystalglass/ folder files.

6 Jan 16, 2009 06:34

EdB wrote:

Oh man with you being like 'Mister Skin' I should have been able to guess that!

Please refer to me as Mister Forum Helper.

Form is loading...