Recent Topics

1 Dec 07, 2008 03:43    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello.

Is there a way to add additional <meta> tags so they'd apply for all existing skins e.g. for Pragma i.e. no-cache; robots, etc.? :?:

Also, I see robots_tag() in skins/_html_header.inc.php but I don't see a value in View Source for the skin that's calling that file. :?:

Thanks.

2 Dec 09, 2008 11:28

for most skins you'll get away with just altering /skins/_html_header.inc.php

the robots tag is produced by inc/skins/_skin.funcs.php ... I think. You can change what it spits out with admin > bog settings > [blog] > seo

¥

3 Dec 09, 2008 11:51

Thanks for your reply, ¥åßßå.

I unchecked META NOINDEX boxes on the SEO page for Blog A and I still don't see a 'robots' meta tag in View Source for Blog A's home page. Not sure why.

4 Dec 09, 2008 12:07

I would only expect it to be there if you checked the box ;)

¥

5 Dec 09, 2008 12:12

Thanks again for your reply.

I interpreted it as, if you don't want META NOINDEX nor META NOFOLLOW, then unchecking the box would give at least a META INDEX, FOLLOW as a default, which is what I'm looking for. :-/

6 Dec 09, 2008 12:17

It would appear that it only shows when there's a negative ( ie noindex/nofollow, noindex/follow, index/nofollow )

¥

7 Dec 09, 2008 12:24

Thanks again ¥åßßå.

I'd like to add an Index/Follow option even if I have to hardcode it in the header or a skin's main file if decide not to research the hack to other core files. I'll try to figure that out unless you just happen to know - else, don't worry about it. That I can do. I wouldn't think it would be too hard. B)

Thanks.

8 Dec 09, 2008 12:45

inc/core/_template.funcs.php ( approx 332 ) remove the is_null checks ;)

/**
 * Robots tag
 * Outputs the robots meta tag if necessary
 */
function robots_tag()
{
	global $robots_index, $robots_follow;

if( is_null($robots_index) && is_null($robots_follow) )
	{
		return;
	}

¥

9 Dec 09, 2008 12:50

See ¥åßßå - I told you you're 'genii'.

I'll give that a whirl.

Thanks!

Form is loading...