Recent Topics

1 Dec 11, 2008 01:16    

2.4.5 doesn't work when upgrading/installing from scratch without installing it through Fantastico in cPanel.

I installed 2.4.3 via Fantastico which is on my cPanel.
Version 2.4.3 works fine but because I keep seeing a message on my DashBoard to upgrade to the "stable 2.4.5" I tried upgrading manually because Fantastico from cPanel doesn't install 2.4.5 but only 2.4.3. I downloaded and followed the "general upgrading" steps but when everytime I try logging-in to my Admin Panel, I get error :

"Warning: require_once(/home/londoni/public_html/tester.com/blogs/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/londoni/public_html/tester.com/blogs/admin.php on line 163

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/londoni/public_html/tester.com/blogs/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/londoni/public_html/tester.com/blogs/admin.php on line 163".

Note: I've changed my real addon domain with "tester.com" on the above error for privacy reasons. But, the above error should give you an idea what's wrong.

Not only that, the same error I get when I install 2.4.5 manually from scratch! (Not via fantastico from cPanel).

To make sure that, the script files were not corrupted during download, I've downloaded 2.4.5 many times in many days in the last 7 days from the b2evolution website and tried many times to manually install it from scratch but the same old error whenever I try logging-in to my Admin Panel!

The error mentions something about not finding the "admin.php" on the "blogs" folder but I noticed the "admin.php" to be on the "/blogs/conf" folder. So, why doesn't the script search for this file in that folder without searching it on the "blogs" folder and spitting-out these same old annoying errors ?
It seems, 2.4.5 is, by default programmed to look for the "admin.php" in the wrong folder!

Whenever I do the installations, I always upload the whole "blogs" folder. eg. http://mydomain.com/blogs/.

Now, I've re-installed 2.4.3 via Fantastico from cPanel since installing via Fantastico only seems to work and then installed 2.4.5 manually (not via Fantastico from the cPanel) using the files and folders from "b2evolution-2.4.2-to-2.4.5" and it's working. I just FTP'd the files and folders found on "b2evolution-2.4.2-to-2.4.5" and clicked "yes" when my ftp client prompted whether I want to replace existing files & folders with the same names.
In other words, I installed 2.4.3 via Fantastico and it worked and then got the update files & folders from "b2evolution-2.4.2-to-2.4.5" and replaced them. So, you could say this last installation is half done via Fantastico and half manually. :lol:
Everything seems to be working now as I am able to log-in to my Admin Panel but the subdomain url format doesn't work just like 2.4.3.
Do you reckon my latest install would work from now on or have I done something wrong that will create problems in the future ?

2 Dec 11, 2008 10:07

Of course it does, if it didn't we'd have thousands of threads on here bitching about how the software is un-installable

Your error messages was saying that it couldn't find the admin skins files, are you sure you uploaded the folder?

admin.php ( which resides in /blogs/ ) is not the same as _admin.php which resides in blogs/conf/ ... however, admin.php obviously does exists because that's the file that was screaming about not being able to find the admin skins ;)

The sub domain format works perfectly, I've got a multi-subdomain blog running 2.4.x

The chances are that your install will work as expected, but it might be an idea if you worked out what you did wrong to save you the same grief if you ever upgrade again ;)

¥

3 Dec 11, 2008 20:47

¥åßßå wrote:

Of course it does, if it didn't we'd have thousands of threads on here bitching about how the software is un-installable

Your error messages was saying that it couldn't find the admin skins files, are you sure you uploaded the folder?

admin.php ( which resides in /blogs/ ) is not the same as _admin.php which resides in blogs/conf/ ... however, admin.php obviously does exists because that's the file that was screaming about not being able to find the admin skins ;)

The sub domain format works perfectly, I've got a multi-subdomain blog running 2.4.x

The chances are that your install will work as expected, but it might be an idea if you worked out what you did wrong to save you the same grief if you ever upgrade again ;)

¥

Ofcourse I uploaded the Admin Skins. I uploaded the whole "blogs" folder that comes with the script but still no luck.

4 Dec 12, 2008 13:42

loud gob wrote:

"Warning: require_once(/home/londoni/public_html/tester.com/blogs/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/londoni/public_html/tester.com/blogs/admin.php on line 163

It couldn't be found by admin.php when it was looking for it ... hence why I asked ;)

¥

5 Sep 26, 2009 02:12

is there any other way for me to upgrade my blog 2.4.2 into b2evolution-3.3.1-stable coz i really dont know how to upgrade manually... im eager to uprade my blog... hope anyone can help me...

6 Sep 26, 2009 02:42

Hi ebince. Maybe http://b2evolution.net/about/professionals.php will be helpful? You would still have to do some stuff manually, but nothing more advanced than handing over some money and your server login credentials. Then let someone else do all the bits to make you have an upgrade :)

Form is loading...