Recent Topics

1 Dec 14, 2008 19:46    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have updated b2evolution from 1.10.13 to 2.4.5 and noticed a slight problem with a service which lists Finnish blogs.

The service lists latest posts to our blog and also latest other blogs which have linked to our blog. After upgrading our blog engine to 2.4.5 the service lists our own blog as latest blogs which have linked to our blog.

This is not a big problem but it's a bit annoying because at the moment from the five latest blogs which have linked to us are our own links.

I suspect the reason for this might be that each blog entry also has the trackback link. Could the service mistake these as links to our blog and not as trackbacks?

Thanks in forward.

2 Jan 16, 2009 16:34

Hello.

Curious: did you find the solution to this?

Thanks.

3 Jan 17, 2009 00:57

Not really but the problem doesn't seem to be there anymore because newer posts haven't been added to the latest links list.

But I didn't change anything in the settings to make it work.

Could be that after the upgrade, the service was able to index our blog better and found links it didn't find before.

I have also noticed that our stats have changed after the upgrade. We get a lot more visitors daily and I suspect that it has to be something with how b2evolution logs the visitors.

4 Jan 18, 2009 06:19

Glad to hear that.

I've just finished implementing the trackback code and autodiscovery to my blog so I'm trying to find out if there is more to be done.

Thanks for the update!

Form is loading...