Recent Topics

1 Dec 17, 2008 04:33    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi,

Well, as I was in the process of adding some coding to the files within my skin for a category menu something happened.

The final step was to place the call to include the file within the sidebar. So, I signed in at www.worldblogosphere.com and proceeded to the Blog Settings page, clicked the Widgets tab, and scrolled down to click "Add Widget." when I click it I get the following error page -

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at admin.php.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

----------------
To respond to those things listed:
1 - I clicked the same link that has been working all along.
2 - See above
3 - All other sites are fine.
4 - Protected yes, but again has been working until just now.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Gene :-)

Small Edit: I made no changes to any of the Admin files.

2 Dec 17, 2008 07:35

Well, I have now removed all the files associated with the menus I was trying to install since it wasn't working anyway. Still no luck. So I guess it isn't something I did.

Gene

4 Dec 18, 2008 05:46

OK, the problem isn't going away. I do have some more details though.

I can get into the admin area with no problem. Whenever I click on a link though it adds an additional / in the address which leads to the error.

Addresses are showing as follows

http://www.worldblogosphere.com//admin.php

......... and so on.

When it tries to load the page it sees the //admin.php part and tries to load www.admin.php which doesn't exist.

Can anyone tell me why it is doing this or how to stop it from adding the additional slash?

If it makes a difference I upgraded to the newest version of b2evo the day prior to it all starting.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

5 Dec 18, 2008 06:33

Check the $baseurl in conf/basic.config.php, you probably put 2 slashes at the end.

6 Dec 18, 2008 07:23

Thanks Sam!

No idea how that got there. I hadn't been in that specific file. I wonder if it did it when I upgraded the version of b2e.

7 Jan 13, 2009 05:56

Ok, I'm having the same problem, but unlike the experienced one I'm very new to this! I don't know where to look for this file to fix it, and once I find it I'm not sure how to fix it without messing something else up!

Things were working fine until I upgraded with fantastico to the almost newest version (2.4.5). Now when I log in, approve a post or try to change a widget I get the same window in firefox (the page doesn't exist) I also get a similar error message in msn explorer and internet explorer. I can go back and the post has cleared or I'm logged in, with some effort, but I can't change the widgets.

Can you give me some additional information?

thanks

8 Jan 13, 2009 08:11

Hi Melissa,

I assume you have cPanel with your hosting since you upgraded using Fantastico. If I am wrong let me know.

In cPanel click on File Manager

Once the new window opens -

In the left pane of the page you should see public_html, click the + sign to the left of it so it expands and shows you everything within that folder.

this will open a list below it and in the right hand pane of the page. On the right you should see a "Conf" folder, double click on that folder.

This will open that folder and show a new list of files.
In that list you should see _basic_config.php

Right click on that file name and choose "Code Edit".

Now you are looking for $baseurl = 'yourdomain.addresshere'

For me it is on line 97. Yours could be different, but it might be highlighted in a dull gold text to make it easy to pick out.
You will probably noticed your domain name is listed as 'http://www.yourdomain.com//'
the problem is that second slah at the end. It should be 'http://www.yourdomain.com/'

Just delete that slash. Once it is deleted click the "Save Changes" button on the top right of the page.

Go check and make sure your problem is solved.

Please let me know if this helps,

9 Jan 13, 2009 08:51

No, it didn't work. Your instructions were easy to follow, although my control panel does look a little different than you described, I was able to find the code. It actually had /// (three slashes before the ' instead of two) I tried taking one away, saving, refreshing my dashboard page and trying to change one of the widgets...it didn't work, the page couldn't be found.

I went back and removed another slash, leaving only one, refreshed the blog dashboard and tried again with the same results.

I've put back all of the slashes for now.

Thanks for your help...do you have any other suggestions?

10 Jan 13, 2009 09:27

1) Edit the file and change it so there's only one / at the end, it'll save you a world of pain later

2) Do what you did above but copy & paste the "not found" url here

¥

11 Jan 13, 2009 16:29

I started out this morning unable to duplicate last nights problems in MSN explorer, I only had a problem with posting and getting an error, but finding the post published when I hit the back button on the browser.

I was able to duplicate last night's errors in firefox. I'm running the older version of firefox on the desktop and the latest on the laptop I was using last night.

I had a reply ready and then re-read your post that said to go back and remove the slashes. I removed both extra slashes and can't duplicate the errors in either MSN Explorer or Firefox on the desktop at the moment. Hopefully it's fixed, but I don't have time to go try the newer version of firefox on the desktop to see if it's truly resolved, and unfortunately I'm going to be working 16 out of the next 28 hours so I probably won't be able to check it until tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you for your help

Melissa

Form is loading...