Recent Topics

1 Dec 17, 2008 14:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello everyone,

I am just starting using this blog script. But I've got a few "problems" I like to integrate the blog into my site.

Therefore a few things need to be changed.
For now I am using the custom skin.
This is what the blog needs to look like for my purposes:

First of all on the left sidebar I only want to show the categories and the search item. The rest I don't want to be showed. (ofcourse powered by b2evolution may be showed also) So how can I change this?

The header and the menu have to be deleted also. The reason therefore is that it don't fits in my site layout.

Also do I like to know how I can enlarge the width of the content of the blog.

So I hope that someone can help me out.

Thanks for now.

2 Dec 18, 2008 05:55

Hi vdne,

You can remove the things from the sidebar by going to your Admin area - click on Blog Settings - Widgets. That should show you a list of different areas of your blog, near the bottom should be the sidebar. Just click the delete button at the right to remove the things you do not want. While there you can also click Add Widget to add plugins that are loaded on your server.

As for the header - you can adjust it by going into the _header.inc.php file within the skin folder. Be careful though, if you remove the wrong things it could do damage to the entire blog.

You might try searching http://skins.b2evolution.net/ for a different skin that might fit your site better.

Hope that helps some,
Gene :-)

Form is loading...