Recent Topics

1 Dec 18, 2008 12:58    

My b2evolution Version: Latest one..

Hi all,

I'm on the run so I'll post this real quick. I need an additional field that will auto increment itself for every post in the blog. At worst a field that I can modify myself (but only me or a certain level of permission).

Any idea if that exists already or if I need a plugin for that.

Thanks

3 Dec 18, 2008 15:23

Slightly confused as to what it means exactly. I'll try to understand later (gtg right now) but if you had a couple of seconds maybe you could explain a little bit more? :p

Thanks anyway

4 Dec 18, 2008 16:20

I think what ¥åßßå is referring to is post_id reference from the evo_items | evo_items_item table in your MySQL database [or at least how it's presented in the various PHP files that makes up your blog]. Essentially, what he's saying is that the auto increment information is already present and that you just need to make use of it.

5 Dec 18, 2008 17:50

what he said ---^ :D

¥

6 Dec 18, 2008 21:11

Ok I sort of knew there was an autoincrement field there.

Just how do I add it to the header of each post per blog. oh and ideally make it searchable?

Time for sleep I'll experiment tomorrow at work after that stupid IE hotfix is installed everywhere.

7 Dec 19, 2008 13:01

Aight I didn't have a Lot of time but I couldn't find anywhere in the settings where I could add this line.
Do I have to edit a file and if so which one ?

Thanks

8 Dec 22, 2008 14:27

So.. I edited _item_content.inc.php And added

echo "<h4>Ref No. ";
echo $Item->ID;
echo "</h4>";

Which works perfectly to display the unique ref ID.
Thanks for the snippet.

Now the other issue is how do I search for a particular ref ID.

Typing w/e number it spurts out yields no result at the moment :(

Possible, impossible?

Thanks

9 Dec 23, 2008 13:38

Free HTML widget ;)

<form method="get" action="http://your_blog_url/">
<div>
<label for="p">Reference : </label><input type="text" size=6" id="p" name="p" /> <input type="submit" value="Search" />
</div>
</form>

¥

10 Dec 23, 2008 14:02

are you

1. female

2. married

and lastly

thanks!

12 Dec 23, 2008 14:12

¥åßßå wrote:

I'm not married ;)

¥

google image: Mauritius let me know afterwards.

13 Dec 23, 2008 14:26

Unfortunately, the answer to both questions was "no", but I'll happily slap a skirt on if you're gonna take me to Mauritius :D

¥

14 Dec 23, 2008 14:32

rofl

interest level just went dooooooown.

So on another note maybe I can ask you,
I wanted to have a Photoblog and a VideoBlog as well. With the videos I see apparently my only solution is phpmotion (Bear in mind this is a Blog for my intranet) which I'll link to in a blog using the photoblog skin.
Now for the photoblog itself, I found useful to activate the category list view in the top header widget of that skin.
however when I'm adding a batch of pictures (I click on write -> select the new category on the right -> click on files -> browse to the folder containing all the new pictures) it ends up in the 1st category instead of the one I selected. So they all get mixed up.
It's also a pain to delete them all, it has to be done 1 by 1 :(
Do you know how I would go about adding all the pictures to a given category?

Cheers mate

15 Dec 23, 2008 16:31

Yer not going to take me to Mauritius and you expect me to keep answering? 8|

It'd be better if you made that a new thread to assist people searching in the future, but I can tell you now that I don't use the photo bloging stuff ( at least, not the evo way ), so I couldn't really help you anyway.

¥

16 Dec 24, 2008 04:38

aww i'm sorry. :)

i'll make a new thread about it. thanks though.

Form is loading...