Recent Topics

1 Dec 18, 2008 18:38    

My b2evolution Version:2.4.5

:D Hi all, Ive not long installed the b2evo, and while its running ok at the moment, and im still getting used to how things work, I just wondered if it was ok to ask a few questions. :lol:

One of the things i want to ask is, where can i find the php.ini file, Im wanting to turn the PHP allow_url_fopen to off,and also PHP Magic Quotes to off too. Cant seem to find it anywhere though in the folders on the server.

Im also getting this report in my tools system page,

PHP upload_max_filesize 2M
PHP post_max_size 2M
post_max_size should be larger than upload_max_filesize

can somebody tell me where i can change that so i can make the post max a little larger.

finally (probably :roll: ;) ) When i try to join the blog using a test account, it says that it has sent a validating email to my email, but i never get it, it doesn't go into the junk folder, it just doesn't seem to get sent, does anybody know how i fix it so it will send out email.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Tyke :)

2 Dec 23, 2008 08:31

Hi Tyke,

all the issues you describe are questions for your web hosting provider. I know because I've had to find that out with mine (Bluehost).

It is usual to have a php.ini file in the root directory of your account that controls all settings within any software you load on your account. But again, this varies between hosts.

The post_max_size settings are way too small and need to adjusted by the host.

You need to ask the host what the correct settings are for your SMTP server. This is usually restricted to stop spammers.

Form is loading...