Recent Topics

1 Dec 18, 2008 21:23    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I made some tweaks behind the scenes in the code, and now none of the new posts I have added are showing up in the published blog...

Tweaks included adding a logo, a banner form a site and changing the font across the board.

TIA

2 Dec 18, 2008 21:32

A link to your site would help.
Also, I assume you have a back up of the original files so you can "restore" those missing posts!!

Maybe you should also check that all your div's have matching closing divs

4 Dec 18, 2008 21:40

I can see it - had to add an extra / at the end of the link you sent though

Do you do any goose recipes at all? :lol:

5 Dec 18, 2008 21:47

There's another problem actually, selecting any of your categories or 'next page' takes me to exactly the same set of posts, starting with one called "Surviving the holidays"

I think it would be well worth describing the changes you've been making.

6 Dec 18, 2008 21:53

Sorry, no real goose recipes... LOL

I have one post that has not shown up yet to he public, plus a test post or two...

http://www.applewood.net/Images/xxxxx.jpg

The top post says it is published but does not show...[/url]

8 Dec 18, 2008 22:11

Am I right in thinking you opened the page inside Firefox, edited it and then saved it back to your server?

9 Dec 18, 2008 22:13

Chris of Arabia wrote:

Am I right in thinking you opened the page inside Firefox, edited it and then saved it back to your server?

that is correct...

10 Dec 18, 2008 22:28

I think I see the problem.

The best way to envisage what has been done here is to think of a question and an answer.

The PHP file that's targeted by the URL you are pointing the browser at should be viewed as the question.

What the browser then displays is it's answer.

What you've done is to edit the answer and then re-save that back in the original PHP file's place. Subsequently refreshing the link will now only ever get you back to that answer, as you've overwritten all of the question part that was inside the PHP file.

I think what you need to do is to upload a new copy of the index.php file (as downloaded from b2evolution) into the root of your blog directory. My guess is that all will be as it was originally. Get that done, and we can talk further about changing the image at the top of the skin you are using.

11 Dec 18, 2008 22:34

I "think" I see... So, upload a new index and replace the old?

12 Dec 18, 2008 22:36

Yes. Do that then come back.

13 Dec 18, 2008 22:37

I did it; and it worked!! Thanks. Now to get the logo and the mini banner back in...

14 Dec 18, 2008 22:46

OK that's good. Now, which skin are you using?

15 Dec 18, 2008 22:51

I am using:

l33t_gray

16 Dec 18, 2008 23:04

OK, had a look at that, but it might not be quite as straightforward as I thought. There is an image in the header, but if we just do a straight replacement for that image, it will sit underneath the words "Say Chow says Chef Peter". I can't imagine that will look good from what I remember of your replacement image.

Unfortunately, it's now 01:03 in the morning here, so I'm going to have to bale out on you. But at least you're working again. Hopefully someone in your timezone will be able to help whilst I sleep.

17 Dec 18, 2008 23:10

Thanks, sleep well...

18 Dec 19, 2008 16:20

I've been looking at a lot of files to try and understand how to do this, but haven't got too far. I'll hold my hands up now and say that we're stretching my understanding of both the way in which b2evo is structured and PHP, though I don't think the latter is that important in this instance.

I think the main edits have to take place in skins/_html_header.inc.php and skins/l33t_gray2/style.css in your editor. If I'm understanding this correctly, the first of these is used by all skins, so if you edit it, the change will apply across the board.

I'm hoping someone will chip in and suggest the best approach to getting the end result you want, as I'm getting a little pressed for time - I fly out of here tomorrow evening and have an awful lot of other things to do. Sorry I can't assist more at the moment, but I'm only just feeling my way back into this sort of stuff and I'm a little rusty.

Form is loading...