Recent Topics

1 Dec 20, 2008 14:03    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I loaded b2evo into a new directory originally and everything was fine - I remained logged in as admin and just had to hit the "continue" link at the log-in screen. But then I had what I thought was a cool idea. I decided to use a new blog as the index page for the domain and use SimplePie reader widgets down the sidebar to read the Rss from my other blogs thereby linking to them in much the same way as an ordinary index page would link to other pages. So I copied one of the stub files to the domain root, renamed it index.php, changed the path and it worked perfectly. But now I have to relog in every couple of minutes. I've tried it IE (I normally use FF) and it's just the same so can't just be a matter of clearing the browser's cache as I'd not used IE for b2evo til then. I can't find a previous thread dealing with this exactly though admittedly I don't really understand most of what has been said on the subject.

2 Dec 23, 2008 08:25

In the B2Evo Admin area, under Global Settings,General, Set the Session Timeout, in seconds. Mine is 604800 for session and 300 for reload page.

3 Dec 27, 2008 08:52

combatwombat wrote:

In the B2Evo Admin area, under Global Settings,General, Set the Session Timeout, in seconds. Mine is 604800 for session and 300 for reload page.

Those are the settings I am using. It's more complex than that. There was a thread on this ages ago but I can't find it. Thanks anyway.

4 Dec 27, 2008 09:42

crack open conf/_advanced.php and change $instance_name to something unique.

¥

5 Dec 28, 2008 14:18

Well that worked thank you. But for the life of me I don't understand why. Next time I install into a domain (which will be in the next few days) I'm going to install straight into the root directory and avoid this altogether. One thing though, if I then want pages in sub domains, will changing $instance_name work then too?

6 Dec 28, 2008 14:24

If you have multiple installs ( as opposed to multiple blogs ) then to save cookie confusion it's best to have a unique name per install.

Personally I also give my installs a new unique name whenever I upgrade ... saves loads of grief ;)

¥

Form is loading...