Recent Topics

1 Jan 10, 2009 21:47    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,
I need an advice about how manage this issue.
I create blogs for organizing an event coming back each year.
I want automatic email subscription (post, comment). I turn on this fonctionnality for my 2009 blog. I have 20 users.
But my problem : I set up same blog last year. But users 2008 and 2009 are not the same (some have quit but some are still there). But I can't delete their names as b2evo told me some posts are linked (I keep archives2008).
How can I achieve turning on email for everyone (2009) but people in 2008 should'nt received it or not be deleted from database?
Tell me if it's not clear...
Thanks,
Mel

2 Jan 13, 2009 21:54

I think you just have to turn the 'notifications' option off for selected users on Users tab.

3 Jan 13, 2009 23:18

No. This is notifications to own posts. I want email subscription to all posts/comments.

I finally did it manually. It's in table evo_subscriptions not table evo_users. But I have to counter-check each user # and change to 0 or 1 their subscriptions.

Mel

4 Feb 05, 2009 15:04

mel_t wrote:

I finally did it manually. It's in table evo_subscriptions not table evo_users. But I have to counter-check each user # and change to 0 or 1 their subscriptions.
Mel

Hey. Could you tell me how you did this? Are you talking about modifying the actual database?

Best case scenario, I would like my users to chose between immediate post and delayed (aggregated 1/day or 1/week etc). Could someone tell me how to enable this if it is at all possible?

(And could someone create a job or something for it if it doesn't exist? It must be of interest to more people than me, n'est ce pas?)

5 Feb 06, 2009 03:08

Hi
I did what I wrote. In your evo_subscription table, I switch to 1 sub_items and sub_comments for each sub_users_id (I check #id in backend, I don't have so much) I want email.
It's possible there is anything in your table, I suggest you create a example subscription with your own account and just copy from it (or write a sql query).

I like your idea to get 1 email/day instead by post, if you find how to do it, I buy it also! :D Mel

6 Feb 06, 2009 09:41

mel_t wrote:

Hi
I did what I wrote. In your evo_subscription table, I switch to 1 sub_items and sub_comments for each sub_users_id (I check #id in backend, I don't have so much) I want email.

I like your idea to get 1 email/day instead by post, if you find how to do it, I buy it also! :D Mel

Excuse my stupidness, but I didn't understand what you wrote. Are you telling me that you are accessing these tables directly via a SQL query browser? I downloaded the tools but can't seem to find the password for the database. It's been a while since I did this stuff daily, you see. :)

I will tell you about that - or - someone write a cron job or something, please!

7 Feb 06, 2009 12:28

Usually, any webspace that has MySQL installed will have phpmyadmin installed to allow for MySQLs management. Try logging into your webspaces control panel and checking what options are available there.

Form is loading...