Recent Topics

1 Jan 15, 2009 19:45    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I updated to 2.4.5 last night through Fantastico and now I can't log in into my blog. It tells me I must log in even though I'm putting the right info. The only way I can go in is if I ask to do a password reset and I get an email with a link that signs me into the page where I change the password. When I click to save the new page it tells me it can find the page but the new password does save.

Also, if I try to change any widgets, change the users options etc. I get a message saying I can't find that page.

Help! :-/ :'(

2 Jan 16, 2009 02:02

Got link?

Or hey is there an extra trailing slash in your URLs? That's something fantastico was doing wrong under some conditions so it might be the root of all evil here.

3 Jan 16, 2009 08:33

I have exactly the same problem. I am still puzzled. I think it has something to do with the cookies.

Under investigation...

4 Jan 16, 2009 11:48

Try changing $instance_name in /conf/_advanced.php ... it often cures things ;)

¥

5 Jan 16, 2009 20:05

EdB wrote:

Got link?

Or hey is there an extra trailing slash in your URLs? That's something fantastico was doing wrong under some conditions so it might be the root of all evil here.

I don't know if this is the link you are asking for but this is the link I use to log in.

http://isolatedexistence.com/admin.php?blog=5

6 Jan 16, 2009 20:06

¥åßßå wrote:

Try changing $instance_name in /conf/_advanced.php ... it often cures things ;)

¥

I'm a newbie so I have no idea where I have to change this. Help? :-/

7 Jan 17, 2009 01:29

That link would ask me for a password, but it shows there is no extra trailing slash so that's a dead end.

The part where ¥åßßå said "in conf/_advanced.php" is where you would look to edit the variable called "$instance_name. I don't have a nice human-friendly explanation of what $instance_name means so just figure it's got something to do with something that often fixes stuff ;)

Now that you're all experted up on that topic, let's edit the file eh? First, since you used Fantastico, you will want to get a copy of the file named _advanced.php in the folder called conf onto your computer. Your host probably provides a way to FTP files, but there are also many very good free programs you can use for FTPing files.

Oh and hosts also often provide a way to edit files directly on your server so you might check your cpanel for a way to edit stuff. File Manager of some sort eh?

Anyway if you download the file then you will want to open up a nice friendly file editor (not MS Word, but notepad will do in a pinch) and open that file for editing. Scroll down until you find a line that looks like this:

$instance_name = 'b2evo'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!!

Change the 'b2evo' part to something like 'whateva' then save the file and upload it to where you got it from. Make sure your FTP program over-writes the old one - you will be able to tell by the date stamp yah?

Now login and see if ¥åßßå is the second coolest playa on these forums :)

8 Jan 23, 2009 09:54

EdB wrote:

That link would ask me for a password, but it shows there is no extra trailing slash so that's a dead end.

The part where ¥åßßå said "in conf/_advanced.php" is where you would look to edit the variable called "$instance_name. I don't have a nice human-friendly explanation of what $instance_name means so just figure it's got something to do with something that often fixes stuff ;)

Now that you're all experted up on that topic, let's edit the file eh? First, since you used Fantastico, you will want to get a copy of the file named _advanced.php in the folder called conf onto your computer. Your host probably provides a way to FTP files, but there are also many very good free programs you can use for FTPing files.

Oh and hosts also often provide a way to edit files directly on your server so you might check your cpanel for a way to edit stuff. File Manager of some sort eh?

Anyway if you download the file then you will want to open up a nice friendly file editor (not MS Word, but notepad will do in a pinch) and open that file for editing. Scroll down until you find a line that looks like this:

$instance_name = 'b2evo'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!!

Change the 'b2evo' part to something like 'whateva' then save the file and upload it to where you got it from. Make sure your FTP program over-writes the old one - you will be able to tell by the date stamp yah?

Now login and see if ¥åßßå is the second coolest playa on these forums :)

I did what you said but it still doesn't work. :(

9 Jan 23, 2009 23:25

Hey I just noticed something: you do have an extra trailing slash somewhere. Your link to admin.php doesn't show it, but if you click on the "Home" link on your blog it'll give you http://isolatedexistence.com//index.php so maybe that'll be the fix? Go into your conf folder (again) and this time edit _basic_config.php file. Scroll down to where it says $baseurl and see if it has an extra trailing slash. I think it does. So remove it, meaning make it be 'http://isolatedexistence.com/', upload it, and see if things go better.

No promises - just thinking of stuff that might do something.

Form is loading...