Recent Topics

1 Jan 15, 2009 22:01    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Where do I need to go for the xml files for my blog. I would like to save them to my computer to import them to blogger. I asked my web hosting tech guy but he's asking this:

What xml file are you referring to ? As far as I know, all blogging script uses database to store each post.>

I don't know what to tell him so here I am to see if anyone can help me...

Thanks.. :-/

2 Jan 16, 2009 01:56

blogger? yuck!

So here's what you can do: set up the number of posts for your feeds (back office, blog settings, one of the subtabs but I don't know which one off the top of my head) to a crazy-high number. Or at least to a number slightly higher than the number of posts you have. Then grab the feed. You will now have a file with all the details of all your posts.

3 Jan 23, 2009 10:00

EdB wrote:

blogger? yuck!

So here's what you can do: set up the number of posts for your feeds (back office, blog settings, one of the subtabs but I don't know which one off the top of my head) to a crazy-high number. Or at least to a number slightly higher than the number of posts you have. Then grab the feed. You will now have a file with all the details of all your posts.

I don't want to use blogger but I can't afford to pay my next bill to the hosting company so I have no other choice but to try to import it to blogger if not I guess I have to start from scratch... :'(

4 Jan 23, 2009 23:16

Oh then make sure you get a full backup of your database and files before you and your hosting company part ways. That way in the future you can upload it and restore.

Exporting your entire blog through the feeds is a neat trick, but you still have to figure out how to get it IN somewhere else.

Form is loading...