Recent Topics

1 Jan 18, 2009 13:15    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I've just downloaded the 2.4.6 Quick Upgrade Patch and have a couple of small queries before I do anything:

1. Can I safely copy the entire content of the 2.4.6 blogs folder to my site, or do I need to do it file by file?

2. One of the comments where you download the QUP from says "Just make sure you properly update your /conf files". Given that I don't ever recall updating the /conf files, is there really anything for me to do here?

2 Jan 18, 2009 13:29

1. Replace each file. There are not many at all. The folders only hold the changed files.
2. Don't touch your config files.

3 Jan 18, 2009 14:33

Thanks, that seems to have gone OK, though I've not spotted any obvious differences yet.

4 Jan 18, 2009 16:44

You won't see many differences, the release was mostly bug fixes ;)

¥

5 Jan 30, 2009 16:14

HI;

Did all this and everything working fine - BUT - in my dashboard it still shows I need to do an upgrade to 2.4.6..... on other pages in admin it shows it's now at 2.4.6. :?:

6 Jan 30, 2009 18:18

it can take up to 12 hours for that message to meander off ;)

¥

7 Feb 02, 2009 09:29

Hello, I tried doing this, simply copying over the 2.4.5 to 2.4.6 patch files over the files on my web host, and it broke the blog. Any ideas what I could have done to prevent this? I'm re-copying the files from the site backup I made, and hoping it corrects the problem.

Edit: Restoring the affected directories fixed the problem, so I will try to find out what the issue is...

8 Feb 02, 2009 09:44

Further info - by "broke the blog" I mean that it seemed like only text showed up on the blog any longer - no images, skins, or anything other than straight text and links. I also couldn't log into the administration; the dashboard login appeared as normal complete with graphics, but once I entered my user and password it gave me a 404 error.

9 Feb 02, 2009 09:46

@nixie
Make sure you don't overwrite the existing conf folder or any files inside it.

10 Feb 02, 2009 09:53

Hi John, the only thing that would have been overwritten is the _application.php file in the conf folder - would that have caused this?

11 Feb 02, 2009 10:04

Also, was I supposed to do something with the _functions_create.php and _functions_evoupgrade.php files in the install directory after copying them over?

I apologize for the dumb questions, but it seems they neglected to include the installation instructions file (I get a "file not found" error when trying to follow the link in the changes file, and it isn't anywhere in the Docs directory).

Thanks!

12 Feb 02, 2009 10:46

Ok, this time I installed everything except for the conf folder & files and the install folder & files, and it still had the problem. Now I've gone and restored the files and it still has the problem.

Can anyone help? The site is screwed at the moment :(

Edit: Ok, I restored the site. What happened is that in restoring it I just copied over the individual files that were upgraded. For some reason this didn't work. I had to restore the -entire- contents of my /htsrv, /inc, and /skins directories.

And I was wrong - images displayed while the site was screwed, but formatting did not, nor did the background.

13 Feb 07, 2009 14:45

Can anyone help? I am still unable to upgrade, and am not sure why...

14 Feb 07, 2009 14:55

*Do not* upload the /conf/ folder but *do* upload the /install/ folder.
If I read this correctly that's where you went wrong.

Good luck

15 Feb 07, 2009 15:19

Heh, it's actually the opposite way around :P

Upload the /conf/ folder and don't bother with the /install/ folder

¥

16 Feb 07, 2009 15:40

wait wait wait!

The conf folder has the _basic_config.php file right? I don't know if the "upgrade only" zip has it so maybe I'm just crazy, but IF the upgrade zip conf folder has the _basic_config.php file then it is time to be very careful with uploading it.

Also I personally highly recommend DELETING from your server the folders you are going to upload OR making double-plus-certain that your FTP program will over-write files even if the server has a newer date and time on the file than your computer.

Who would have thought that something that should be easy could be so darned complicated? Or as we say around here "Who would have thought that something that should be easy could be so darned complicated?"

17 Feb 07, 2009 15:46

The upgrade only has _application.php in it, so it won't overwrite anything important ;)

I'll go with the "make sure your ftp overwrites" as the source of the problem ;)

¥

Form is loading...