Recent Topics

1 Jan 19, 2009 00:54    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

b2evolution 2.4.6

Just upgraded but the images in the rsc folder are not appearing, just the broken image red box. None of them work, flags/icons/img/smileys. I had this problem before and most of the images have never worked. I am positive they were loaded as binary, I did it in filezilla and wsftp. The url is fine, I viewed the source and when I put the image url in the browser the image appeared. But the pages don't show the images.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 Jan 19, 2009 06:05

Got link where we can see this in action?

Personally I set up filezilla to pick the mode automatically, meaning I don't tell it binary or whatever. Perhaps that is a suggestion worth trying? It seems weird that you can't get an image when it is part of the page source but can get it when you go directly to it. So yeah a link is a great idea.

3 Jan 19, 2009 07:35

EdB wrote:

Personally I set up filezilla to pick the mode automatically, meaning I don't tell it binary or whatever. Perhaps that is a suggestion worth trying? It seems weird that you can't get an image when it is part of the page source but can get it when you go directly to it. So yeah a link is a great idea.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?blog=5

I tried it with auto-select and just binary on both.

4 Jan 19, 2009 07:45

romputer wrote:

EdB wrote:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?blog=5

I tried it with auto-select and just binary on both.

ARGH! Now when I choose the image link and load it, then go back to the page it shows the pic!!!!! Do I have a browser setting wrong? Then I go back again and it doesn't show. Using Vista with IE 7.

6 Jan 19, 2009 18:05

¥åßßå wrote:

Check your folder perms ;) ¥

the folders are 0755, images are 0644.

7 Jan 19, 2009 18:13

in that case check your htaccess for any fancy anti-hotlink script that may be screwing things

¥

8 Jan 19, 2009 19:06

¥åßßå wrote:

in that case check your htaccess for any fancy anti-hotlink script that may be screwing things ¥

I just renamed the sample.htaccess in the blogs root.

# Apache configuration for the blog folder
# Lines starting with # are considered as comments.

# PHP SECURITY:
# this will make register globals off in the evo directory
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>

# PHP5
# This may need to be in each folder:
# AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

# CLEAN URLS:
# If you're using Apache 2, you may wish to try this if clean URLs don't work:
# AcceptPathInfo On

# DEFAULT DOCUMENT TO DISPLAY:
# this will select the default blog template to be displayed
# if the URL is just .../blogs/
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
</IfModule>

# CATCH EVERYTHING INTO B2EVO:
# The following will allow you to have URL right off the site root,
# using index.php as a stub but not showing it.
# This will add support for URLs like: http://example.com/2006/08/29/post-title
# Redirect anything that's not an existing directory or file to index.php
#
# RewriteEngine On
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# RewriteRule ^ index.php

Something is wrong because I now even get Unhandled disp type errors when I click on http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&disp=fanzone and

Not Found
The requested URL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com Port 80

errors all over the place.

9 Jan 19, 2009 19:36

romputer wrote:

Something is wrong because I now even get...

Not Found
The requested URL http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/c30/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com Port 80

errors all over the place.

oops, x'd out the url by mistake.

10 Jan 19, 2009 19:47

Slap your hatccess back ( that's what's causing all the 404's now ) and then check your cpanel for any fancy anti-hotlinking stuff

You may also want to check file-ownership, but pretty sure that's not the problem

¥

11 Jan 19, 2009 20:03

¥A¥!!!!! Hotlinking stuff in cPanel updated by adding the domain fixed the missing images!!!

THANKS!!!!!!

Should I start a different thread for the Unhandled disp type errors and 404's? (changed the .htaccess back to sample.htaccess and still get the errors)

12 Jul 24, 2012 02:41

Hi ¥åßßå,

your post about this subject was send seven years ago, but I have the same problem, working with version 3.3.1 and your solution ".. check your cpancel for any anti-hotlinking stuff" I do not understand. Okay, I am a Bavarian and my English is really not the best :'(

¥åßßå wrote:

Slap your hatccess back ( that's what's causing all the 404's now ) and then check your cpanel for any fancy anti-hotlinking stuff

You may also want to check file-ownership, but pretty sure that's not the problem

¥

I have copied the complete running blog (from my web-newspaper) in a sub directory of my poetry website in order to adjust the layout for using it on my poetry website, using the same template "nautica_2l". I have made a new installation into a subdirectory of my poetry website, adjusting the database and in the test directory all was working okay, the icons too. So I deleted all files of my old poetry website and copied the running test blog completeley into the root directory of the poetry website, adjusting the url in basic_config.php. But the icons are broken, as you can see at www.zuendeleien.de (for example near the posts appears the word "Permalink" instead of the icon). In the admin panel the icons appears but "frayed out". I had this problem a few years ago by updating b2evo at my news paper website, but I have no idea any more how I had solved it.

Maybe you are willing to answer my question once more for a bavarian woman?

Thank you very much
Yours, Karin

Form is loading...