Recent Topics

1 Jan 19, 2009 19:37    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi,
In the login form I added the Register link.
Now I wonder if it is possible to add to Register-form new section as Notes/Comments. So the new users that register themselves would have section where they can express their comments/intentions/request/etc?
Thanks.

2 Jan 19, 2009 19:48

Yes, but you'd need to write a plugin to do it or hack the core

¥

3 Jan 19, 2009 21:08

Hi, Blonde
Which one simpler?
I’m not experienced with plugin writing or hucking the core.
Thanks.

4 Jan 20, 2009 01:26

Do you want to allow people to include a message to you when they register? So like instead of just "name and email and password twice" they also get a field to comment to you?

No promises on delivery of a product, but I sorta will be needing something like this soon so I'm interested myself.

6 Jan 20, 2009 17:47

Hmmm, slightly deeper look, you'd be a tad buggered to do this from a plugin, but you *might* get lucky and be able to do something like

<?php
function DisplayRegisterFormFieldset()
{
  echo '<textarea name="my_groovy_field_name"></textarea>'."\n";
}

function AppendUserRegistrTransact()
{
  global $email;
  $email .= "\n".'Your groovy field said : '.param( 'my_groovy_field', 'string' );
}
?>

Free-typed huh?

¥

7 Jan 20, 2009 18:01

Hi again,
Where do I append this code.
Keep in mind that I never wrote php code, but I’m very good in following instructions.
Thanks

8 Jan 20, 2009 18:15

That was more of a post for the ancient one who's name they only dare whisper.

If you wish to attempt to stride in the path of Gods, and they have bloody big strides, then you can try slapping that in /plugins/_skeleton.plugin.php ... totter over to admin > global settings > plugin install and, with trepid hand and bated breath, click "reload plugins" and let there be light 8|

Personally I'd wait for EdB and hope like hell it makes sense to him, because he's *far* better at writing multi-line instructions :D

¥

9 Jan 20, 2009 18:24

I am sure there is some wisdom in your reply, unfortunately I don’t get most of the English there. I’ll try to follow the directions as I can.

10 Jan 20, 2009 18:29

Sorry, that was just me being floral ... I'm crap at it huh? :(

The code post was aimed at EdB, with a bit of luck he'll be able to turn that into a working solution to your problem :D

... of course, I'll claim all the glory, but you take it where you can huh? ;)

¥

11 Jan 20, 2009 18:42

Thanks Blonde,
If I would know what is the name of plugin I should install it might help.

EdB, will you please shade some light?

12 Jan 20, 2009 19:02

Most americans have the ability to shade a light :D

If you crack open /plugins/_skeleton.plugin.php and then copy paste the lines above anywhere above :

}
?>

Then meander over to admin > global settings > plugin install ... then click "new plugin" and choose one that sounds like "skeleton"

With a tad of luck you should get a brand new box on your registration screen and, with a fair more luck than the tad that was previously invoked, you *should* ( fingers crossed ) get the results of that in your "you have a new user registration on your blog" email ;)

ish .... probably better to slaughter a few virgins and hope that the Gods listen to you.

... or, you could get lucky, and EdB will hear your prayers ... he's to old to care if they're virgins ;)

¥

13 Jan 20, 2009 19:31

Thanks Blonde for not abandoning me.

In my blog\plugins folder I have the skeleton.plugin.php file NOT the _skeleton.plugin.php. Is it make any difference?

In

Then meander over to admin > global settings > plugin install ... then click "new plugin" and choose one that sounds like "skeleton"

I don’t have anything that associated with skeleton.

Please advice.

14 Jan 21, 2009 03:33

Tell ya what Alex1 I'll give it a go here fairly soon. Gotsta hack up something for a web I do, but yeah this would be need. I'll call it "Add a Comma" plugin because ¥åßßå is a certified comma expert. IT'S TRUE!

(inside joke - expect it to make very little sense ;) )

Other than the part about giving a go of making this a plugin! Now then if you do drop the code into the skeleton plugin and it works for you please let us know so I don't feel guilty if I don't deliver in a timely fashion.

15 Jan 21, 2009 19:44

a certified comma expert

What is that?

Form is loading...