Recent Topics

1 Jan 20, 2009 03:55    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Okay, I'm probably being really dense. I've upgraded (copying file by file) from 2.4.2 -> 2.4.5 and the 2.4.6...I can't find any place that would seem to allow me to link to feedburner. I've looked at the xml widget and am stymied.

Any help?

Thanks

Andy Propst
americantheaterweb.com

2 Jan 20, 2009 16:42

If you go to Blog Settings -> Advanced tab you should see an 'External Settings' section on that page. Enter your feedburner urls for your atom and rss feeds and it should redirect to them when someone accesses your blog feed.

Remember to include the non redirected version in feedburner though.

Cheers
Lee

3 Jan 21, 2009 21:55

Remember to add &redirect=no to the url that you added in the feedburner! ;)

4 Jan 26, 2009 23:35

I added "&redirect=no" to the end of the atom feed in Feedburner and it didn't work. Did I do it right?

5 Jan 27, 2009 03:24

Oh! I typed it wrong ;)

The right: &redir=no

6 Jan 27, 2009 03:25

BTW, is time to upgrade the feedburner account to feedburner.google.com. I already updated the mine!

7 Jan 27, 2009 17:26

I'm having difficulty with the same issue. I burned my feed through feedburner, and everything worked fine. when i enter my feed into the "RSS2 Feed URL" under the Advanced tab in the b2evolution dashboard, I get the error message "Supplied URL is invalid. (URI scheme is not allowed)."

This is my RSS feed:
feed://feeds2.feedburner.com/streetstoriesblog

I tried entering that feed in feedburner with "&redir=no" at the end of it as per the suggestion in this thread, and got the same error message back from feedburner. "The uri you entered is invalid." Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?? Why is my uri invalid? Thanks.

9 Jan 27, 2009 18:10

Note that if I strip the '&redir=no' I will be redirected to feedburner ;)

10 Jan 27, 2009 19:52

Thank you! I was able to get it set up correctly.

I noticed on your blog that you only have 1 feed option, and it takes you to the atom feed instead of the RSS2 feed. if I am only going to feature 1 feed on my site, what's the advantage of the atom feed?

Thanks again.

Form is loading...